About the Role
As part of the Technology team, Senior Consultant is responsible for supporting specific tasks on a variety of projects in the Technology practice area as requested by Directors. Responsibility also includes supporting work on ITAR restricted projects where accesses are limited to US Citizens or Green Card holders. Our practice primarily provides professional technical consulting services including document processing, productions, custom reporting, data loading, and ad-hoc technical assistance to support our Client needs.
What You’ll Do
The primary responsibilities of this position is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data.
- Create SQL scripts to convert incoming/outgoing document data into a desired format.
- Utilize knowledge of technology to advise and support our clients and make informed recommendations.
- Identify improvement areas in existing workflows. Develop tools and scripts to improve automation and reliability.
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations.
- Co-ordinate closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
- Create SQL scripts and utilize processing applications and tools to meet client requirements or to improve efficiency.
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary.
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible).
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology focused subject such as Computer Science, Information Systems; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with data manipulation, data conversion and data analysis work in Microsoft SQL Server or any other database platform, or 2 years plus Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems related field
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Good communicator who can explain technical problems to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Good client interfacing (verbal and written), customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible with working evenings and weekends upon request.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion.
- Ability to take initiatives and understand tasks quickly with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to follow instructions thoroughly while paying attention to details.
- Problem solver with proven analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals.
- Strong knowledge and experience of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment
- Strong ability to create and understand Microsoft SQL Server scripts and stored procedures
- Knowledge of and experience in configuring and operating either Ringtail or Relativity as a document review management application
- Experience with other document review management applications such as Concordance, Summation or Introspect.
- Familiarity with processing and converting Cloud/Social media data
- Familiarity with processing and converting mobile device data extractions (Cellebrite or Oxygen Forensics extractions)
- Knowledge of SharePoint, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and any related Reporting platform
- C#.Net programming experience preferred
- Technically savvy with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance