About the Role
The Director will be responsible for managing eDiscovery, digital forensics and Data & Analytics related work. The responsibility also includes team management ir order to grow and retain FTI professionals, addressing carrer paths within the firm. This position will contribute with sales and marketing initiatives, meaning, actively work on elaborating go to market campaigns, create and publish articles and define collaterals as needed.
Regarding technical and hands-on work, the Director will manage, and eventually conduct, forensic collection and analysis of electronic data from computers, mobile devices, cloud sources, etc. Data will be collected following industry best practices related to chain of custody, etc. Post collection, the data will be extracted or analyzed via the use of industry standard digital forensic tools such as Axiom, encase, FTK, Cellebrite, NUIX, Relativity, Ringtail, etc.. The Director will also assist with tasks including data recovery, computer forensic analysis investigations, password cracking and eDiscovery consulting.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
• Learns well on the fly – while we do have training materials and sessions, most learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
• Communicates well – is excellent at boiling down complex concepts to explain them simply via verbal and written communication.
• Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, organized way about processes and sets of data.
• Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently and with different client demands
• Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
• Works hard – while innovation is part of future success, everyone has common tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which attention to detail and high-quality client service are crucial.
• Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
• Able to travel when requested. Certain times may require up to 50% travel.
What You’ll Do
• Lead on-site collection of data at client facilities from servers, desktops, laptops, cell phones, tablets and removable media. Locations may include domestic and international travel
• Verify, analyze and transfer secure data sets from the field
• Analyze and deploy best practices applicable to the handling and analysis of electronic evidence
• Extract business documents and other data from forensics images
• When appropriate, will process data into Relativity and assist with workspace set up and some review support
• Perform forensic investigations as needed
• Reconstruct, convert and repair mail stores to facilitate email review
• Utilize off-the-shelf and proprietary data collection, analysis, and reporting tools
• Participate in the development of customer proposals
• Assist in the development of white-papers, published reports, and articles relevant to the field of electronic discovery and reconstruction
• Develop tools and methodologies to incorporate into current workflow
• Provide assistance to other teams within FTI as needed
How You’ll Grow
The Director will have the opportunity to gain a wide range of experiences and skills across the full spectrum of service lines FTI Consulting Technology offers. The Director will have access to working with senior leadership, learning from the best in the industry. The person in this role will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and think outside the box.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Digital Forensics, IS, or other relevant technical course work
• 5+ years of professional experience in a related field
• This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
• Experience in digital forensics, litigation support, information systems or other relevant experience
• Familiarity with EnCase, Axiom, Cellebrite, Oxygen, Blacklight, Forensic Toolkit (FTK), NUIX, and/or open source (Linux) forensic tools
• A strong understanding of Windows based systems including installing, troubleshooting, and networking. Mac, Linux and UNIX experience a plus
• Strong understanding of and comfort with computer hardware, cell phones, and tablets
• Demonstrable expertise in Email server environments, such as O365, GSuite, MS Exchange and email archiving environments such as Symantec Enterprise Vault
• An understanding of electronic storage technology such as hard disk, tape backup, flash memory, etc
• Strong communication skills including the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a simple and consise manner
• Professional certifications including EnCE / CCE / ACE a plus
• Ability to travel on short notice on extended assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills