To apply for this job please visit fticonsult.referrals.selectminds.com.
About the Role:
Our Forensic Technology team in Shanghai works with corporations, governments and law firms to meet with legal, regulatory and investigative demands by leveraging our skills to enable our clients to more confidently govern, secure, find, analyze and rapidly understand their data in the context of compliance and risk.
In specific, we help clients manage the risk and cost of data governance and e-discovery. From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software, services expertise and to address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
FTI is hiring a Business Development Director for its Technology Segment, which focuses on electronic discovery, digital forensics, document review, information governance consulting, cyber security consulting and contract analysis.
The Business Development Director will be tasked with identifying, pursuing and closing sales for all FTI’s product offerings and technology services. This includes on-demand hosted software and services, packaged technology service offerings and data governance consulting. The individual should have experience in consultative sales of eDiscovery solutions, document review and information governance with an emphasis on sales or consulting directly to corporate legal departments and law firms.
You will receive a sales target for a defined region or territory and will be expected to meet or exceed quarterly and yearly revenue projections. As the owner of the business plan for their region FTI will be looking for the individual to grow the business in the region and will promote and give expanding responsibility to the individual based on that growth.
What You’ll Do
- Communicate the significant value proposition of the company’s entire portfolio. Instill confidence among clients with your personal credibility and experience and the company’s footprint in the e-discovery space.
- Consistently qualify, generate, and execute on opportunities that provide profitable revenue to FTI.
- Consistently build an effective pipeline and execute on each phase of the sales process.
- Incorporate knowledge of our products and services, the customer, and key competitors into the sales process and use that knowledge to uncover customer needs and create value-based solutions.
- Work effectively as a team member and also facilitate the sales opportunity by providing leadership and orchestrating the internal and external resources needed to effectively manage the sales process.
- Use two-sided discovery to uncover the key drivers of value for the customer and is skilled in articulating the value of our solutions and can clearly differentiate the company’s solutions in the marketplace.
- Accurately forecast the business on a consistent basis.
- Leverage the value of our solutions in the negotiation process to drive maximum margin for the company. Establish customer relationships that enable FTI to be viewed as a trusted advisor.
- 5-10 years of success selling software and/or consultancy services. Ideally this will be in the e-Discovery market and preferably to corporations.
- Minimum 3 years success selling software and/or services in the Information governance, eDiscovery or cyber security markets to law firms and/or corporations.
- Must have a B.S. or a B.A. college degree.
- Excellent command of written and verbal English and Chinese
- Polished executive presence with ability to interact with senior corporate lawyers and business leaders as a “consultative partner,” not a “vendor”
- Comfortable and fluent with e-discovery technology and document review terminology.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations