The FTI Technical Sales Consultant TSC role will be responsible for providing support on a unique enterprise level software and services solution for various customers. The TSC will work directly with FTI Business Development Managers to support them in presenting and selling FTI software and services. The TSC will play a key role in mapping and driving the FTI solution and technology discussions during the sales process.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical sales support throughout the sales cycle to drive opportunities and revenue
- Deliver and customize technical sales presentations on FTI products and services and build new presentations for use by sales and other software consultants.
- Explain product capabilities, limitations, and implementation requirements and describe technical tradeoffs and implementation alternatives while balancing revenue opportunities.
- Actively participate in sales calls involving complex technical requirements or multiple hardware platforms serving as the lead technical resource in the sales cycle.
- Identify and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements while managing customer expectations.
- Responsible for explaining and researching the technical capabilities of FTI’s products vs. our competition and communicating this to both internal and external audiences.
- Assist in developing white papers for use by marketing, sales and software consultants.
- Write and lead POC plans for prospective clients and provide technical support to these clients throughout the trials. This includes installing software, leading onsite trainings, and technical support during the POC trial.
- Provide demonstrations and presentations for FTI Seminars and Tradeshows.
- Research, compose, and deliver responses to RFPs while interacting with clients to clarify requirements and review RFP responses for technical accuracy.
- Collect business and technical information from clients regarding requirements, mapping those to the FTI solution proposal.
- Approximately 30% travel to client sites.
- 5+ years of experience in a technically oriented, client-facing role – sales engineer, technical manager, consultant
- 5+ years of experience with different databases and reporting environments (such as Ringtail, Relativity) a plus
- 5+ years of experience with project management, consulting, and pre-sales
- Bachelor’s Degree. JD and Bar Certification strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of software and technology in the legal IT sector, ideally in e-discovery.
- Experience with FTI Ringtail, Relativity, or other e-discovery software.
- Substantial experience working in enterprise-type software sales or consulting environment.
- Project management or consulting experience involving software implementation.
- Ability to analyze and map customer needs to FTI solutions.
- Privacy certification and experience managing privacy projects.
- Strong trouble-shooting and creative problem solving skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- Exemplary communications skills, both verbal and written Ability to operate independently with a high degree of energy, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance