About the Role
FTI Technology work with corporations, governments and law firms to meet legal, regulatory and investigative demands by leveraging our skills to enable our clients to more confidently govern, secure, find, analyse and rapidly understand their data in the context of compliance and risk. Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of legal and regulatory issues that they face.
From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software and services expertise and address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
What You’ll Do
As part of the London based team, but part of a global innovation group, you will spend most of your time contributing to a combination of tactical project-based solutions, as well as working on a number of strategic development initiatives.
You will work directly with FTI’s clients – whether it’s requirements gathering or modifying and supporting the solution that you have developed. It’s important that in addition to being passionate about software engineering, you also are interested in learning about the various data challenges which are solved by the challenges you are building.
How You’ll Grow
This is different from a regular development role. At any given point, you could have a number of different projects ranging across tactical client-based solutions as well as strategic products we are developing for multiple clients. This means you’ll have the opportunity to juggle and prioritise your workload, as well as interact with a broad range of clients and end users.
Given the nature of our business, you will also be supported to learn more about the legal and regulatory technology industry, as well as more about electronic discovery. In doing so, we believe you will be a more well-rounded and effective software engineer as you will understand the industries you are creating solutions in.
We are happy to consider passionate and capable software engineers irrespective of educational background.
We would like you to be able to hit the ground running – therefore you will have at least 1 year of professional software development experience.
In terms of core technologies, we are looking for developers familiar with C# (or Java), with experience in back-end development. Many of our databases are SQL-based, so SQL (preferably T-SQL) experience is preferred.
Communication with other APIs is a must within this role, using REST technologies, as well as a result a strong understanding in XML or JSON data structures.
For source control, CI and CD, we use Azure DevOps but welcome experience with any similar tooling.
For additional experience, we handle a huge range of data challenges therefore experience with any of the below is most certainly not essential, but to give you a flavour of the technology you might use or learn:
- Experience using managed and unmanaged services from AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and IBM Cloud
- Core services include storage (block), queues and compute
- Additional services include managed computer vision and NLP services
- Machine learning experience using TensorFlow, ML.NET or managed cloud platformsNoSQL databases – particularly Elastic
- Data warehouse technologies
- Data visualisation – including BI tools such as PowerBI, as well as DIY libraries such as d3.js
- Natural Language Processing including using libraries such as NLTK or spaCy
- Containerisation (preferably docker) and orchestration
- Experience with connecting to modern messaging and document platforms including Office 365 (Graph API), gSuite, Slack, Confluence, JIRA, Box, Salesforce, workplace and Bloomberg as well as the major consumer messaging systems (e.g. iMessage and WhatsApp), and major social media platforms.