About the Role
We work with corporations, governments and law firms to meet legal, regulatory and investigative demands by leveraging our skills to enable our clients to more confidently govern, secure, find, analyse and rapidly understand their data in the context of compliance and risk.
This role is within our Johannesburg office and is a part of FTI Consulting’s Technology team which encompasses about 500 experts globally. The successful candidate will assist on all phases of eDiscovery projects with primary focus on data collection, data investigation and data manipulation aspects as well as case creation and management.
What You’ll Do
- Liaise with clients and other FTI colleagues to plan and execute data collection exercises, on-site at client premises.
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources.
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data collection, processing, conversion, analysis and other specialised tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
- Create custom scripts and utilise processing applications and tools to solve client data problems or to improve efficiency.
- Depending on experience, take responsibility for lab activities and junior staff training
- Be customer-service-oriented and proactive to meet client deadlines while mitigating risks
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities (minimal notice often applicable).
How You’ll Grow
Alongside opportunities to learn on the job, FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Prior experience in the digital forensic world, either in a private corporate or a consulting firm, with duties including hands-on data collection from individual computer, mobile device and server data sources
- Experience with standard forensic tools: EnCase, Relativity, Cellebrite, Kali Linux, Nuix.
- Scripting skills using languages like Python
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Prior experience with an e-discovery platform such as Relativity, Reveal, EDT and/or Ringtail/Nuix Discover.
- SQL language skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows and related software, especially Excel.
- Any industry certification
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree in IT or a technology focused subject such as digital forensic, information security, information systems or equivalent experience.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations