About the Role
We work with corporations, governments and law firms to meet legal, regulatory and investigative demands by leveraging our skills to enable our clients to more confidently govern, secure, find, analyse and rapidly understand their data in the context of compliance and risk.
This Consultant position is a part of FTI Consulting’s eDiscovery Consulting team. As part of the Dubai based team, the Consultant will be cross-trained in various eDiscovery skills and will assist on all phases of eDiscovery projects.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Learns well on the fly – while we do have training materials and sessions, most learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Communicates well – is excellent at boiling down complex concepts to explain them simply via verbal and written communication.
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, organized way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently and with different client demands
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard – while innovation is part of future success, everyone has common tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which attention to detail and high-quality client service are crucial.
- Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
What You’ll Do
You will be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. This could involve:
- Liaising with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations
- Planning and executing electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UAE and abroad
- Utilising industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract, and cull data from electronic evidence sources
- Assuming responsibility for data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Co-ordinating closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements
- Being customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travelling as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (With minimal notice)
How You’ll Grow
The Consultant, eDiscovery will have the opportunity to gain a wide range of experiences and skills across the full spectrum of service lines FTI Consulting Technology offers. The Consultant will have access to working with senior leadership, learning from the best in the industry. The person in this role will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and think outside the box.
A degree in law or a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience.
Prior experience in eDiscovery would be advantageous.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays and paid time off