About the Role
This Consultant position is a part of FTI Consulting’s E-discovery Consulting and Digital Forensic team. From the Technology segment we are in the position to deliver to our clients a large portfolio of services which includes the application of a comprehensive computer forensic methodology which includes the Identification, preservation, processing and analysis of ESI in order to present evidences for all purposes that can be used in any kind of litigation or internal investigation, in addition, following a partnership with Relativity, we are able to provide clients with the combination of E-Discovery wide experience and our own flagship web-based document repository, Ringtail.
As part of the Madrid based team, the Consultant will be cross-trained in various Digital Forensics and E-discovery skills and will assist on all phases of our projects.
You will be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the identification, collection, extraction, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. This could involve:
- Liaising with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations.
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and handle data from phones, mobile devices, computers and storage media, following forensic standards, on-site, at client premises, around Spain and abroad.
- Use of worldwide recognised tools to preserve data maintaining in all times the corresponding Chain of Custody, ensuring data integrity during all phases.
- Utilising industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources.
- Assuming responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
- Co-ordinating closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements.
- Being customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary.
- Travelling as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible).
Education and Qualifications:
• Minimum 2:1 degree in law or a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience.
• Fluent in Spanish and English is required.
- Technically savvy with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Self developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals above individual goals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion.
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role.
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems and software, possibly having some experience of working in a computer forensics, e-Discovery or technology related role or university project.
- Familiarity with forensic principles and technologies.
- Desirable knowledge and experience in the use of Computer Forensic tools such as Encase, Nuix, FTK, UFED, Oxygen Forensics, BlackBag, among others.
- Knowledge of and experiencing in configuring and operating Ringtail, Relativity or any other e-discovery tool as a document review management application desirable .
- Use of Concordance, Summation or Introspect desirable.
- A good understanding of transact SQL and relational databases desirable.
- Knowledge of data manipulation, data conversion, and data analysis activities in a SQL database and MS Access desirable.
- Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes) desirable.
- Knowledge of programming (Python, Java, Visual Basic, PowerShell) desirable.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.