About the Role
We are growing rapidly across Asia and are looking to hire more high calibre people to add to the team in Shanghai. This Consultant position is a part of FTI Consulting’s Technology team. As part of the Shanghai based team, the individual will be cross-trained in various forensic technology skills and will assist on all phases of our projects. They will also work closely with the wider Asia Technology team based in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo.
Your primary responsibility is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data.
You will need to:
• Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations
• Plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises in the PRC and abroad.
• Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources.
• Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
• Co-ordinate closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements.
• Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary.
• Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible).
Our key requirements
You will have:
• A degree in a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience in professional services firms.
• Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems and software.
• Experience of working in a forensic technology related role in a professional services firm.
• Experience in the forensic collection of electronic evidence for use in court.
• Knowledge of and experiencing in configuring and operating either Ringtail or Relativity as a document review management application
• Electronic discovery experience or experience managing document review teams
• Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes)
• Knowledge and execution of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment
• Familiarity of data manipulation using MS Access and Excel.
• An ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both internally and externally.
• Flexibility with working hours and and the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
• Working knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
• An ability to work independently in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
• Native Mandarin and business-level English and the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical people.
• Knowledge of programming (C++, Java, Visual Basic, PERL, Ruby).
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations