The Focus Review Management team is a small group of lawyers with extensive document review management experience. In partnership with a review firm, the team manages technology-assisted and other document review. Focus review managers add value to traditional document review with smart application of both third-party and proprietary technology to reduce review volume, increase consistency, optimize review workflows and efficiencies, and assist the investigation or litigation team in getting to the most important materials first. Focus reviewers will continue to increase their value to clients as they deepen their knowledge of the client’s business and data.
- Consult with client and counsel to develop, implement, and supervise execution of client-level standards.
- Recommend and drives best practices in review.
- Lead communication among counsel, client, and review firm on substance and progress of review.
- Design matter-specific project plans, including review workflow and optimal application of technology, and supervises execution.
- Manage document review, including scoping, drafting review materials, reviewer training, interface between review team and merits counsel, staffing, reporting and client communication.
- Supervise and direct review for responsiveness, confidentiality, and privilege, including redactions and privilege logging .
- Provide client-specific subject matter expertise.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Strong leadership presence, ability to guide multiple stakeholders in complex workflows.
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership.
- Proficiency as an end user in Relativity or comparable platform.
- Proficiency and experience as an end user in Equivio Zoom, Brainspace or comparable platform.
- Knowledge of litigation discovery process and objectives.
- Experience in pharma or biotech matters preferred.
- Excellent communication skills suited to a client-facing role, careful attention to detail, and superior technical aptitude.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong client service ethicBehavior1 (Leadership, organization, communications, initiative, multi-tasking, etc).
- Five years of experience as a document review manager with review provider or law firm.
- Attorney, active and in good standing in any US jurisdiction.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 10 lbs.