- Full Time
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Preventing detecting and responding to risks like commercial crime and litigation and improving integrity within organizations is all about using technology smarter, whether through digital forensics or the latest eDiscovery methodologies. Our clients look to us to make it happen, and as a Data Scientist & Information Analyst you’ll be right at the heart of that goal. It’s a role with far-reaching implications, so you’ll be working with stakeholders across industries with some of the most innovative tools available.
EY’s Forensic Technology team is a group of technical specialists that practice digital forensic investigations and the full life cycle of the EDRM from the early stages of data scoping and collection to its processing, analysis, production, and reporting. This growing Forensic Technology team forms part of the Forensic & Integrity Services practice and specializes in forensic technology services encompassing Digital Forensics and eDiscovery.
Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries, you can expect to take on a wide range of technology challenges, making this a great place to develop your technical and business knowledge. Our Forensic Technology lab provides forensic technology infrastructure and tools necessary to accelerate the fact-finding process in diverse scenarios.
Your key responsibilities
- Supporting the collection, processing, and management of large sets of digital evidence in the form of electronic communications, documents, and records from a wide array of information systems.
- Supporting our clients in performing digital forensic analysis and reporting from our Forensic Technology lab and/or client site.
- Supporting investigations with Forensic and eDiscovery technology to accelerate the fact-finding process.
- Supporting the innovation, development and documentation of new procedures and workflows in digital forensic analysis and eDiscovery methodologies.
- Supporting the deployment of eDiscovery solutions to existing and future clients.
- Supporting the production of electronic records to counsel, client and authorized third parties.
- Assisting in the resolution of client requests during the review stage of an eDiscovery engagement.
- Using a range of industry standard software to perform custom solutions to client requirements.
- Using a problem-solving approach to overcome unexpected issues – both technical and operational.
- Assisting in preparing documentation of work, working papers, schedules and reports that will be delivered to our clients and other parties.
Skills and attributes for success
- Desire to constantly develop your understanding of our clients’ industries, identifying trends, risks, and opportunities for improvement.
- Understanding of multiple technologies to dispense your knowledge of leading practices to enhance service delivery.
- Ability to learn and adapt to complex situations regarding the management and analysis of large data sets in different environments.
- Desire to develop a team through constant coaching and feedback, knowledge, and opportunities to grow.
- Experience in complex investigations, using techniques such as digital forensics, log analysis, eDiscovery, data analysis and timeline creation.
- Ability to communicate technical events and analysis to both technical and nontechnical audiences and an understanding of the potential legal impacts.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Cyber Security or related field.
- Approximately 2-3 years of experience in digital forensics, eDiscovery, or a relevant field.
- Excellent project management and documentation skills with the ability to prioritize when working on multiple engagements.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel to client locations.
Ideally, you will also have
- Achieved, or working towards a digital forensics or eDiscovery related certification (such as EnCE, CCE, CCFP, GCFA, GASF, GCFE, CFCE, CCME, GREM, Nuix-or Relativity-related certifications).
- Working knowledge of tools such as EnCase, Cellebrite, Axiom and Oxygen Forensics.
- Experience in using eDiscovery tools such as Relativity, NUIX and additional eDiscovery platforms.
- Experience in evidence seizure, chain of custody, data collection and/or host-based forensics.
- Experience with database languages (such as MS-SQL, Oracle, T-SQL, PL-SQL, No-SQL).
- Knowledge of performing data collection in cloud solutions (such as AWS, Azure, GSuite and/or Office 365).
- Knowledge of Windows, Unix and Mac host-based forensics, Mobile OS’s and command lines.
- Solid knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Security topics
What we look for
We are interested in people that have a passion for using technology to solve problems. But we are not just looking for strong technical skills – we are interested in people that can nurture relationships – both internal and external – and are committed to intimately understanding our client’s needs. If you are looking to become part of a community of advisors where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients, and our communities. It is one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, mental and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.