Location: Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Washington DC, New York, Hoboken.
The Discovery Services solution in Forensics is a Managed Service operation running 24/7 with both internally facing operational roles and client facing consulting roles. This team is responsible for providing remote collections, evidence management, data processing, review support, and production services in support of investigations and litigation. This portfolio includes several high-profile matters and flagship clients.
The Senior Analyst position in Discovery Operations is a supervisory position tasked with oversight of the e-discovery operations team to manage all e-discovery operational tasks that are submitted through our internal workflow management tool. Over 70% of time will be spent assisting with quality control and oversight of work performed by analysts.
Your key responsibilities
· Ensure proper chain of custody and documentation is established to comply with EY standards and polices
· Assist in execution of e-discovery operational tasks, including remote collections, evidence management, data processing, review support, and productions, as needed.
· Perform quality control and oversight of e-discovery operational tasks executed by Analysts.
· Assist in the remediation of technical errors as they arise by following the tasks and technical protocol given the relevant Software (e.g. Nuix, Relativity, etc.) for the specific job function requirement. Prepare and perform quality control standard reports as needed. Following up with Analysist to review any QC concerns flagged for remediation.
· Assist in providing training on an as needed basis.
· Assist in updating and maintaining internal documentation/playbooks as needed by reviewing internal protocol standard methodology, and refreshing appropriately as new releases of the software are published, or as new data sources are available.
· Responsible for quality control and oversight of request that are routed through our workflow management tool.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor degree required
· 3-5 years eDiscovery experience
· 1-2 years experience in an information technology (IT) environment, preferably including understanding of how databases are set up and designed.
· Supervisory experience
· Experience or familiarity with the following suite of e-discovery applications: Encase, LAW, Nuix, Relativity, Brainspace, eCapture, and SQL.
· Demonstrated experience in the e-Discovery lifecycle including document collection, evidence management, data processing, review support and production.
· Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral in order to communicate with engagement teams and e-discovery operations team members.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects and requests.
· Able to work a flexible schedule to meet client and project requirements and deadlines
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Certification in one of the following: Nuix, Relativity, Ipro, eCapture, Brainspace, Encase is preferred.
What we look for
We’re interested in people that have a passion for using technology to solve problems. But we’re not just looking for strong technical skills – we’re interested in people that have the ability to nurture relationships – both internal and external – and are committed to intimately understanding our client’s needs. If you’re looking to become part of a community of advisors where you’ll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
· Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.