At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
The role involves performing eDiscovery work that includes collecting and analyzing data from electronic data sources such as email archives, infrastructure logs and network file servers. The data will be provided to clients both internal and external to the Firm.
Your key responsibilities
• Identify, collect, examine, and analyze electronically stored information (ESI) to support ongoing investigations.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to conduct forensic analysis to assist with investigations and the drafting of complex reports
• Technical expertise in performing digital forensics on a variety of media, including hard drives, thumb drives, memory cards, and cellular devices
• Technical expertise in following industry best practices and standards in digital evidence acquisition, handling, and documentation
• Utilize industry standard electronic discovery and data forensic hardware and software to ensure data integrity which includes determining the most appropriate methods of protecting original evidence and recovering deleted, erased, hidden and encrypted data
• An understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt, and efficient service to the business
• Conduct ESI collections and processing using the following tools: EnCase, FTK, Intella, Cellebrite, MacQuisition, Magnet Axiom, Microsoft 365 Compliance Center,Google Vault and hard drive cloning operations
• Process all requests according to established workflow intake processes and internal guidelines.
• Technical data handling for data culling services, working with the business partner requestors to process the data with the provided requirements
• Manage and process data preservation, collection, and processing requests for all custodian based electronically stored information, including all M365 applications and resources (email, OneDrive, SharePoint, etc.), hard disk drives, network shares, cloud sources, and portable devices.
• Conducts computer forensics analysis, data recovery, eDiscovery, and other IT Investigative work
• Collaborates with Fraud examiners, other IT Investigative experts, counsel, and other Technical Personnel in investigations
Skills and attributes for success
A successful candidate will have a well-rounded technical experience and familiarity with performing data collection and analysis of data in a sound manner. An ideal candidate will be well organized, analytical, have strong communication and time management skills, as well as a detail oriented approach to their work to quickly solve complex problems for the organization. They must demonstrate good judgment, be confident working independently and comfortable handling sensitive, confidential information.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field
• Must have a minimum of 4+ years’ experience or equivalent education and experience.
• Strong data analysis and correlation skills with comfort to work through complex and unfamiliar data sets
• Strong technical acumen, with ability to drive results with a collaborative approach, solve problems frontto-back and autonomously makes effective decisions
• Demonstrated experience in the Discovery lifecycle including document collection, processing, review and production
• Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Experience with digital investigations
• Experience in end point and network forensic data recovery and analysis, including working knowledge of forensic tools (e.g., Tanium, Nuix, EnCase, Autopsy, Intella)
• Proven experience in a client facing role with excellent customer service skills, and ability to work under pressure while handling complex requests
• Working knowledge of data retrieval from message archive systems or data repositories, including formulation and troubleshooting of complex data collection criteria
• Very strong verbal and written English communication skills with strong ability to articulate complex issues concisely
• Organized, attentive to detail, with planning and deductive reasoning skillset
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and selfmotivator
• High level of work ethic – demonstrated by following policies and procedures, making good judgement and escalating issues promptly
• Balance multiple client projects and other responsibilities
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience coaching and managing junior team members
• Experience in investigation report writing and presentation
• Solid work experience of 3+
• Experience or understanding of eDiscovery
• Experience working in regulatory, compliance and/or litigation group within the Financial Industry
• Technical or Information Security Certifications (e.g. GCFE, GCFA, CISSP) is an advantage but not a must
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes
What we offer
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.