It’s fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Epiq’s Review Managers provide project management and consultation on managed document review projects for law firms and corporation, and are responsible for managing and overseeing reviews of data exfiltrated in cyber incidents to identify, extract, and report on the individuals whose personal identifying information (PII) were compromised. In this role, the Review Manager must have a general understanding of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model and a high level of proficiency with the technologies used to increase efficiencies, drive down costs, and deliver exceptional service to our clients. The Review Manager must have a good understanding of data entry, data manipulation and transformation, and must be consultative and able to interface with clients and other partners, including corporations, law firms and forensics vendors. Technological proficiency is critical and a willingness to continually grow technical aptitude is required.
The Review Manager must be able to effectively maintain a caseload including multiple active projects.
- Remotely oversee and manage document review and cyber incident response projects, including managing teams of contract reviewers.
- Serve as primary point of contact for clients during managed document review and cyber incident response projects.
- Conduct project design meetings and consult with clients on the development and implementation of efficient and effective workflows, including for data mining and capture related to data exfiltration
- Determine and manage client expectations regarding deliverables and timeframes.
- Draft workflow protocols and substantive training guidelines in partnership with case team, client, and counsel.
- Implement workflows within various document review platforms, including the creation of batch sets, fields, choices, layouts, views, rules, security, persistent highlighting sets, and search term reports.
- Leverage appropriate technology to improve productivity and accuracy, including the use of Technology Assisted Review (TAR) capabilities such as email threading, near duplicate identification, clustering, and predictive coding.
- Coordinate case team quality control with team leads, Assistant Review Managers, and clients, and execute quality control and quality assurance best practices, including the use of statistical sampling, advanced searching techniques, and application of custom scripts.
- Communicate and document substantive issues to the case team through the creation and maintenance of a query log.
- Monitor and report daily on overall progress, productivity, and accuracy of the project and individual contract lawyers including performance to budget.
- Lead and motivate teams of contract lawyers.
- Train contract reviewers on the use of document review platforms, including the identification and mentoring of team leads and Assistant Review Managers.
- Ensure clients are frequently informed on performance to budget and any potential changes to original budget estimate.
- Identify and define disclosure sets and work with case team and operations to ensure that disclosure sets are accurate and delivered per client specifications.
- Legal qualification and practice in at least one Jurisdiction required.
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience in an e-Discovery capacity. Law firm or managed review vendor experience preferred.
- Understanding of concepts, principles, management, processing, review, analysis and production of electronically stored information (ESI) as they relate to legal matters.
- Extensive experience with the administration of document review databases, in particular Relativity (RCA preferred).
- Familiarity with concepts and application of statistical sampling, email threading, near duplicate identification, clustering, and predictive coding.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel and the use of formulas, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, data filtering and manipulation.
- Experience with Microsoft Access, VBA, SQL, Python desirable
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including experience leading conference calls and meetings with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Ability to use critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to effectively identify solutions to nonstandard requests and issue resolution especially related to utilizing Excel or experience working with data
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Willingness to go above and beyond client expectations.
- Understanding of EU privacy laws; CIPP/E desirable.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new applications and processes.
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.