Assisting the Senior Sigma Law Specialist and Sigma Lawyer in reviewing electronic legal documents and other associated ad hoc legal tasks.
Note: This job description is generic and therefore, is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing the relevance of a wide range of legal documentation.
- Reviewing documents for privilege and/or relevant information
- Cross-referencing of due diligence documents
- Checking legal documents for quality, consistency, and content.
- Amending and redacting legal documents in English
- Identifying opportunities to improve legal processes and articulating the case for making the change.
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative and legal tasks under instruction.
- Ensuring the quick and efficient delivery of work to meet strict deadlines set by the client
- Works flexibly and actively seeks opportunities to learn new legal processes.
Skills and Attributes:
- Superb analytical skills
- Ability to use e-Discovery systems such as Relativity
- Enjoys working as a part of a team and adapts working styles to fostering a spirit of team working.
- Comfortable with change and embraces opportunities to work faster and smarter.
- Case/project management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing the quality of client service.
- Resilience under pressure and motivated by accountability and the desire to meet or exceed objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Comfortable and capable of working proactively in a global organization.
- Reliable meets deadlines and anticipates problems.
- Takes personal ownership of self-improvement.
- Fluent in standard MS Office applications and the ability to quickly master new software.
- Provide feedback and identify opportunities for improvement of processes or the use of technology.
- As a team, work with your manager to design initiatives that will drive measurable improvements in quality, speed, and efficiency.
- Welcomes mistakes or errors as opportunities for improving business processes.
- Experience as a paralegal is preferable but not essential.
- Experience in building credibility and trust with a diverse and challenging business stakeholder group.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Attend internal training and external training as and when required.
- Contribute freely and creatively to business improvement projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.