EDT is a privately owned company founded in 2002 in Australia. Highly regarded by our blue-chip, international client base, we develop a leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution for litigation and investigations.
Our experienced team works from various international locations while our headquarters are in Brisbane, Australia. We are continuously seeking people who can add value through a varied skill set and career history, but who also have a passion for collaborative teamwork and innovation. At EDT, we embrace flexible workplace practices. We encourage our employees to balance their time between physical and home offices.
Based in London, this newly created role of Software Support Consultant, will work closely with our UK Team, reporting into the Director of Technical Services and offers the full-time opportunity to work from.
About the role
The Software Support Consultant will possess a minimum of 1+ years hands-on IT experience to provide full coverage technical support of our leading eDiscovery application, managing the helpdesk ticketing system, interacting with potential, new and existing clients, understanding their workflows, needs and requirements and provide solutions.
- Successfully managing and maintaining the helpdesk and support function
- Assisting clients with queries regarding use of our application and supporting them through this process
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Writing SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server
- Providing advice on best security practices when configuring a network/server environment for a client system
- Assisting clients during the deployment and upgrade of our application
- The opportunity to continually learn, develop and build on a wide range of technical skills.
Required Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, computer science or other tech-related fields or equivalent studies is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Industry experience, preferably working in a highly technical support role
- Working with ticketing software, Freshdesk preferable
- Strong technical knowledge of systems, software, network, and peripherals
- An understanding and practical experience installing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server environments
- An understanding of data storage technologies
- Solid computer networking knowledge
- Demonstrated experience/exposure to installing, configuring, and querying Microsoft SQL Server
- The ability to troubleshoot technical issues autonomously without the use of pre‐written scripts will be highly regarded.
EDT thanks all applicants for their interest in this role, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you. Applications close on 30 August 2021.