A&O Litigation are uniquely positioned within the firm to offer data services externally to our clients and internally to other departments as well as offering our core services to the Litigation team. The ability to provide professional and innovative eDiscovery services is a key part of the Litigation strategy going forward. The ability to combine our legal expertise with data-driven solutions to our clients is a compelling story to tell.
The eDiscovery Specialist is responsible for providing excellent client service and technical eDiscovery support in accordance with A&O’s best practices. The role is based in Silicon Valley/San Francisco and will report to the DC-based eDiscovery Manager.
This role involves acting as a reliable point of contact as it relates to eDiscovery support and client service. The eDiscovery support function is crucial to the day-to-day success of the business and the Officer/ Specialist will play an essential part in this model.
Role and responsibilities
- Delivering high-quality customer service thereby fostering internal client relationships
- Applying A&O best practice policies and guidelines to all assigned tasks
- Satisfying internal client expectations and requirements proactively
- Contributing towards the continuous improvement of departmental working practices
- Assisting client/lawyers in expediting data transfer utilizing media devices/SFTP including data logging
- Providing in-house RelativityOne support including: user access and security permissions, review workflow set-up and support, application of search logic and text analytics features and creation of native and/or tiff productions for disclosure
- Supporting A&O lawyers with administration of externally-hosted eDiscovery review platforms
- Delivering end-user training sessions
- Maintaining and increasing industry-specific knowledge through software training, A&O courses and attendance at software demonstrations and other industry events
This position reports directly to the eDiscovery manager and works closely with other members of the eDiscovery team.
- Excellent customer-oriented service ethos
- Experience with data processing tools such as Relativity or Nuix
- Experience with Relativity document review platform (Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) preferred)
- Understanding of forensic data preservation tools and techniques
- Experience utilizing SQL advantageous
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail including working methodically
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to changing deadlines, deliverables, and task priorities
- Ability to work apace and under pressure
- Flexibility to work beyond office hours on occasion
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to travel if required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Law or other relevant discipline advantageous