The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks, experiences and consumer products, studio entertainment and direct-to-consumer and international.
The Corporate Legal Department is seeking an eDiscovery Analyst to become part of its eDiscovery team. The eDiscovery Analyst will work in a large, complex, and diverse enterprise technology ecosystem to identify, preserve, collect, analyze, export and produce electronically-stored information. The analyst must have a high attention to detail, be very flexible, and have the intellectual curiosity to learn and sometimes discover and/or create new technical tools and procedures. The analyst must also have experience working closely with internal resources, vendors, outside counsel, and in-house counsel. Finally, the analyst must have experience working in or with large and complex enterprise environments.
Work in a hands-on capacity to process, analyze, export and produce electronically-stored information for eDiscovery purposes. The objective of the job is to perform all eDiscovery work accurately and timely.
Perform eDiscovery work using defined procedures and tools (55%)
- Be accountable for the overall management and delivery of assigned eDiscovery work
- Be accountable for the identification of data custodian user IDs and data store locations
- Be accountable for the collection of data from data custodians
- Collaborate with in-house counsel, outside counsel, and/or external vendors to create and execute a data culling strategy and perform early case assessment work
- Perform and/or manage the processing of data utilizing eDiscovery software
- Use advanced eDiscovery analytics such as concept grouping, predictive coding, entity extraction, sentiment analysis, language translation, email threading, and data visualization
- Administer an agreed-upon document review strategy
- Prepare data for production in collaboration with in-house counsel, outside counsel, and/or external vendors
- Communicate with data custodians and requesters as necessary
- Collaborate with outside counsel, external vendors, and/or other internal IT groups as required
Perform audits of eDiscovery work (7.5%)
Handle exceptions that occur during the performance of eDiscovery work (12.5%)
- Identify technical exceptions occurring in a variety of software tools used while performing eDiscovery work
- Utilize eDiscovery experience and/or IT skills to define potential solutions to technical exceptions
- Collaborate with eDiscovery management, requesters, internal IT resources, and others to ascertain the appropriate solution
- Be accountable for the resolution of technical exceptions
Participate in eDiscovery projects (15%)
- Participate in various eDiscovery projects that help to promote Disney’s eDiscovery strategy
- Perform administrative tasks (10%)
- Accurately and timely report progress, schedule, and issues for eDiscovery work
- Accurately and timely document eDiscovery work
- 4+ years of hands-on eDiscovery experience
- Experience working with advanced eDiscovery tools such as OpenText Axcelerate, Microsoft Advanced eDiscovery, or Relativity
- Experience crafting and editing Boolean expressions
- Experience working with paralegals, attorneys (both in-house and outside counsel), and external vendors to define the scope, schedule, and resources required to successfully complete eDiscovery work
- Understanding of eDiscovery principles and concepts and the litigation lifecycle
- Working knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Experience describing, summarizing, and/or documenting how work was performed and the final results of such work
- Experience interacting with other IT groups such as messaging, networking, applications, and deskside support
- Experience identifying, acquiring, preserving, and analyzing digital evidence.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform work in a time critical, highly confidential process
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to follow a project plan
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to change priorities and be flexible
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving ability
- Ability to understand and follow policies and processes
- Exceptional analytical and verbal skills
- Ability to both operate and learn highly technical software
- Flexibility for overtime and occasional travel
- Working knowledge of regular expressions (regex)
- Working knowledge of data analytics tools such as Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI
- Working knowledge of data scrubbing, normalizing, and mapping work using tools like Excel, Access, or Tableau
- Familiarity with general computer forensic practices and tools
- Bachelor’s degree (highly preferred)
- ACEDS (Association of Certified eDiscovery Specialists)
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $80,000 to $120,000 per year, however, base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.” #LegalAffairs, #Corp_media, #twdcmedia
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.