TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices, including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
The Global Security Organization provides industry-leading security and privacy services to TikTok globally. Our organization uses four principles that guide our strategic and tactical operations. First, we champion trust and transparency, leading the charge in organizational transparency and execution of security and privacy capabilities that drive customer trust. Second, we are a business catalyst and enabler, embodying the DNA of technical innovation. Third, We drive risk-informed and empowered decision-making, giving our business leaders the information needed to make key decisions. Finally, we proactively identify and reduce risk while enabling innovative product development – to consistently build sustainable world-class security capabilities.
As a direct report to the Forensics Lead Analyst, you will be responsible for digital forensics, electronic discovery, litigation material management, & evidentiary chain of custody management. In your role, you will collect and preserve incident forensics data in support of investigations and litigation. You and your team will also provide data discovery, search, and document production in support of litigation and legal matters. Additionally, you will examine data or evidence in the wake of an incident to identify cause and impact. Finally, you will provide support, as needed, to business stakeholders regarding litigation.
The candidate must have expert skills in conducting digital forensics during incident response, preserving evidence, and identifying artifacts that may be evidence of a compromise. The candidate must also have the ability to communicate well, contribute to cross-functional and individual contributor teams, participate in response and defensive actions over a variety of security disciplines, and disseminate technical information as appropriate in support of TikTok’s critical business, go to market, and operational infrastructure needs.
– Create and maintain matters in eDiscovery review platforms such as Relativity, Nuix Discover, Exterro, or other equivalent technologies.
– Ingest, process, and normalize datasets for the purposes of review and production.
– Implement and adapt eDiscovery workflows for custom data types, including the use of scripts.
– Provide review support to various stakeholders, including training, searching, batching, and production of data.
– Evaluate all potentially relevant company data applications (on-prem, cloud, third-party) and repositories including collaboration platforms, information systems, and communication applications including the company’s proprietary communication software with respect to the requirements for data preservation and eDiscovery.
– Assessing where technology-assisted review, structured analytics, and conceptual analytics, can be utilized on eDiscovery matters and maintaining these technologies over a case’s lifecycle.
– Able to anticipate needs relating to litigation support, and to plan and execute on those requirements.
– Evaluate eDiscovery products to be integrated into existing workflows.
– Ability to preserve digital evidence in a forensically sound manner that would be admissible in court proceedings.
– Bachelor’s degree required.
– 5+ years in eDiscovery experience.
– 2+ years of experience with Nuix Workstation or holds a Nuix eDiscovery certification.
– Thorough understanding of the eDiscovery lifecycle; including identification, collection, processing, review, and production.
– Holds, or is working towards, an industry-accepted certification validating eDiscovery capabilities: Nuix Workstation Data Discovery Certified, Relativity Certified Administrator, etc.
– Understanding of evidence management, handling, and chain of custody.
– Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and matters, navigating the differing needs and timelines of each.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.