Spectra is a rapidly growing eDiscovery platform with customers around the globe ranging from Fortune 50 household names to boutique law firms. Using innovative technology and backed by global eDiscovery leader Lighthouse, Spectra delivers exceptional simplicity, power, and efficiency in a multi-billion dollar market.
As the eDiscovery Project Manager, Spectra Managed Services you will be a dedicated team member and subject matter expert seconded to a client to help execute their eDiscovery and document review initiatives. As such you will contribute to designing, implementing, and reporting on customer’s programs such as eDiscovery, collection, document review, legal hold, and legal technology solutions. This includes both supporting the client by executing tasks across the eDiscovery lifecycle including having the knowledge of and ability to provide solutions with the other dedicated secondees as well as leveraging the peripheral Lighthouse teams when needed. In aligning with solving the client’s problems, you will ensure that they are aware of and leverage as many of Lighthouse’s solutions as possible to maximize efficiency and value.
- Contributing to the delivery of solutions to meet the client’s needs
- Ensuring the clients are aware of and informed about the breadth of Lighthouse’s products and services promoting expansion when appropriate
- Helping to design methods, processes, metrics, and quality steps for discovery
- Assisting to define requirements, select technology and services, and work with customers to implement technical discovery solutions
- Managing day-to-day legal hold requests and troubleshooting any technical issues
- Managing litigations and investigations and providing consultative guidance as needed
- Executing work for the client in Spectra and Relativity to facilitate cases and investigations moving forward
- Serving as a key go-to resource for the client’s in-house legal teams for day-to-day task execution across the myriad of supported departments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- High energy, collaborative team player,and self-starter
- Expertise across the full scope of the EDRM including an understanding of eDiscovery related technologies (e.g. EnCase, iPro, Nuix, Relativity, Brainspace)
- Experience with eDiscovery tasks such as data collection, eDiscovery data processing and production, support for document review etc.
- Extensive Relativity experience, including analytics for document review and investigation
- Ability to work with vendors, customers, and internal team to evaluate new technology to address customer’s business needs and risks
- Ability to educate customers, colleagues, and management on best practices
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Strong client empathy and ability to build relationships with clients
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate with people at various levels across organizations and to get complex technical points across in a simple manner
- Ability to problem solve and change course/re-plan when issues arise or situations without clear parameters
- Ability to scope and understand a client’s case and program level goals and needs; and develop a plan around them
- Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload
- Position will be able to work mostly remotely
- Experience with MS Word and Excel/Smartsheet,
- Lean or Six Sigma certifications are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or JD a plus)
- Technical certifications preferred (e.g. RCA) Familiarity with forensic or other tools also plus, but not required (e.g., EnCase, Cellebrite, FTK, X-1, Exterro, Smartsheet, etc.)
- 5+ years of successful experience in a law department, law firm and/or a legal consulting firm or eDiscovery provider
- At least five years of work experience with at least three years of eDiscovery and project management experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.