Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
Apple is seeking an experienced eDiscovery Leader to join the Legal Operations & Global Security team. We are looking for a leader to provide expert advice on the development and continuous evolution of the Apple eDiscovery program and to guide its strategy. In this role you’ll mentor and lead a diverse team of eDiscovery analysts and assistants.
- 5+ years team leadership and management; demonstrated experience building and managing diverse teams delivering eDiscovery support
- 10+ years hands-on experience working in eDiscovery, with a preference of in-house experience
- A thorough understanding of the eDiscovery process and lifecycle; must have demonstrated experience leading all aspects of each step in the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
- Experience leveraging AI/automation in the eDiscovery lifecycle; demonstrated experience in legal service providers, vendors, and external counsel on the application of analytics in the eDiscovery lifecycle
- Proven leadership abilities with an emphasis on coaching, and mentoring a diverse team, collaboration, and executive stakeholder management
- Technically proficient in eDiscovery industry standard technologies (e.g., Relativity, Brainspace, OpenText, etc.)
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with matrixed reporting while delegating to your team
- Curiosity and ability to identify gaps, propose solutions, and take ownership of projects while balancing time, quality, cost, and risk
- Ability to foster and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, mentoring, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners
- Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally; shows integrity and fairness in dealings with others; is reliable and trustworthy
- Sound judgment, discretion, and ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information
You will oversee the eDiscovery organization and will be responsible for a team of eDiscovery analysts and assistants to deliver world-class support to the litigation, competition, employment, and investigations organizations. This role will be responsible for maintaining and evolving the eDiscovery team’s playbook, ensuring best practices are being implemented and executed to outlined standards of legal operations support.
The work will require collaboration with the head of the Project Management Office, Legal Technology Solutions, IS&T, external eDiscovery vendors and senior leadership to develop improvements through identification and analysis of problems, appropriate scoping of projects, and timely execution of identified solutions. This role will set and drive key strategic initiatives for the team, work with cross-functional partners and present to key stakeholders.
Education & Experience
Advanced degree or certification in relevant legal technology processes. Training or certification in digital forensics and membership to relevant industry associations preferred