This is a paid eight week summer internship that will allow students to gain exposure to the ins and outs of eDiscovery and will include projects and training in client services, eDiscovery project management, review analytics, client onboarding, and more. Intern will also gain exposure to various technologies used in litigation.
- This eight week program is designed to both leverage the individuals’ strengths as well as serve as an eDiscovery boot camp.
- Individual will spend two weeks with Client Services, Two weeks within Review and Analytics, one week with client onboarding, and one week with Legal in addition to heavy eDiscovery training.
- Individual will work on projects on a case by case basis as assigned by department leaders. These projects may range from competitive market research to project management.
- Heavy shadowing of individuals currently in the various job functions within eDiscovery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- Previous exposure to any form of litigation technology
- Strong attention to detail including the ability thoroughly to quality check work product
- Flexible work style; comfortable in fast paced, challenging environments.
- Ability to build trusted and lasting relationships with both external and internal customers and peers
- Experience working with the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail when it comes to writing emails
- Strong verbal communications skills to clearly and succinctly address client information needs and articulate points of differentiation
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Exchange, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrate a consistently high activity level and be extremely self-motivated
- A passion for and prior experience working in or around technology
- Strong technical aptitude
- An interest in pursuing a career outside of big law
- Exposure to eDiscovery tools such as Relativity, Nuix, Brainspace, etc.