Meta seeks a highly motivated and experienced team player for an eDiscovery & Forensic Technology Lead on Meta eDiscovery, Legal Team. As part of a team of eDiscovery attorneys, case management professionals, data scientists, and project leads, you will focus on discovery/disclosure efforts in the various phases of preserving, extracting, processing, reviewing and producing company data. This position plays a key role and is responsible for partnering with inhouse and outside counsel, case managers, and project managers in all phases of litigation and regulatory matters, investigations, and all other matters requiring the preservation, identification, collection, processing, and production of data. This position is full time, and can be based in our London, Paris or Dublin office.
In your role as a Forensic Technology Lead, you will provide overall guidance and recommend best practices for extracting, processing, and filtering data in a defensible manner. This position is responsible for delivering technology related client services in the areas of data mapping and documentation, forensic data collections, data extraction, data processing, data review, as well as digital and forensic analysis. The Forensic Technology Lead will be responsible for managing all existing legal tools as well as evaluating alternative tools in the marketplace. The Forensic Technology Lead should also have a working knowledge of the laws that govern discovery and should be prepared to testify on the Company’s behalf relating to the defensibility of our processes during discovery disputes.
Meta welcomes applications from the widest range of individuals eligible to apply and particularly encourages applications from those who would increase the diversity of the company.eDiscovery & Forensic Technology
- Support the Company’s Data Security initiatives by utilising forensic investigation technologies.
- Collect and analyse data from a variety of electronic media, including desktops, laptops, cell phones, tablets, cloud based repositories and collaboration tools.
- Perform imaging of computers, mobile phones and other devices.
- Create and maintain a master data repository and leverage previously collected and produced data.
- Single point of contact/interface with outside counsel firms in order to execute processes throughout the EDRM lifecycle of legal matters.
- Manage eDiscovery data processing and production specifications for external vendors.
- Evaluate efficient and cost effective use of Company resources.
- Consult with case teams to develop and implement eDiscovery project plans and technical strategies.
- Monitor and research emerging eDiscovery technology tools and make recommendations on process improvements.
- Identify areas for overall improvement and initiate and implement related projects.
- Use data mining tools to search, sort, and organize large amounts of electronic information.
- Train case teams on tools and technology to better support the life of the legal matters.
- Maintain appropriate documentation to include events such as chain of custody and due diligence.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience with legal technologies, preferably in a fast paced corporate environment or eDiscovery service provider.
- Confidently and accurately communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Strong independent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical persons.
- Proficiency with eDiscovery platforms such as, Axcelerate, M365, Relativity, Brainspace, GVault, Legal Hold Pro and Proofpoint.
- Deep experience using Nuix, Nuix Automation and Nuix Elasticsearch.
- Programming Languages: Visual Basic, Python, R, Java, REST APIs.
- Previous experience testifying in support of eDiscovery processes.
- Exposure to EnCase/ FTK and other forensic collection technology tools (certification a plus).
- Proficiency working with SQL data types or other database applications is a plus.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics. Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.