- Full Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.southwestair.com.
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Exhibits an expertise in a particular area of law, provides excellent legal counsel and guidance, and effectively represents Southwest with its outside counsel, in-house legal teams, technology vendors regulators, public officials, and others.
|The E-Discovery Attorney represents the Company generally through (i) interaction with the internal litigation teams to evaluate and manage the preservation process; (ii) serving as an internal subject matter expert on E-Discovery and related processes; (iii) evaluating enterprise data (i.e. Microsoft 365 applications) that may be subject to a preservation obligation; and (iv) being the primary point of contact for E-Discovery vendors for internal technology tools or document review projects; and specifically:|
|• Advise Southwest’s Legal Department, business leaders, and outside counsel on E-Discovery issues by supervising and implementing the Legal Department’s E-Discovery process and procedures in a cost-effective manner, including sending hold notices, implementing appropriate preservation, compliance and review methods, advising both external counsel and in-house counsel on E-Discovery issues.
• Collaborate with Southwest’s Legal Department and outside counsel on a variety of E-Discovery issues and also ensure that the Company’s counsel takes consistent positions on E-Discovery and preservation issues.
• Develop and maintain written guidance, including policies and procedures, on E-Discovery obligations;
• Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including ability to translate legal requirements as well as technical aspects of processing, forensic collections, forms of production, and E-Discovery issues to lay persons.
• Serve as a key liaison for Southwest’s Legal Department in partnership with Southwest’s Technology Department to obtain, improve, or update technology applications that will assist the efficiency of the E-Discovery process.
• Possess a strong understanding of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure or relevant state laws, particularly as it relates to preservation and discovery obligations, in addition to knowledge of industry best practices for E-Discovery (i.e. Sedona Principles), enterprise data (i.e. Microsoft 365), E-Discovery software and technology (i.e., Zapproved, Relativity, CS Disco, Nuix, Cellebrite), and current legal developments related to discovery and data preservation.
• Have significant experience in handling E-Discovery issues and a demonstrated ability to collect and analyze data, including an ability to develop efficient and reasonable processes in conjunction with the E-Discovery team.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and manage concurrent projects with competing Company demands while managing a budget. Including a demonstrated ability to manage and triage time-sensitive projects simultaneously and effectively
• Perform other duties requiring legal research and/or analysis as may be requested by the General Counsel, an Associate General Counsel, or other more senior attorney.
|Required||High School Diploma or GED|
|Required||Advanced Degree||Law degree from an accredited school|
|Required/Preferred||Years of Experience||Description|
|Required||3 Years||Experience with a law firm, consulting firm or in-house legal department as a practicing attorney with a focus on E-Discovery issues through litigation matters or document review projects.|
|Required||3 Years||Experience in all facets of discovery, including E-Discovery, E-Discovery vendors, legal technology and document review, and defensible disposition.|
- Must be a current member in good standing of a bar association
|• Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time|
|• Ability to use a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job|
|• Ability to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods of time|
|• Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job|
|• Ability to travel long hallways in large buildings and in between campus buildings|
|• Must possess strong PC skills with knowledge of word processing application. Ability to use a computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet demands of job
• Must have good people skills and be able to work effectively with all levels of SWA Employees
• Ability to work well with others as part of a team
• Proven ability to perform under pressure
• Must have judgment sufficient to handle and resolve issues related to sensitive and confidential legal matters
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with executives and General Counsel Department staff, clients, outside counsel, vendors, and others
• Must be willing and able to gain expertise and perform work in new areas of the law
• Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to perform efficiently and effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Must have judgment sufficient to handle and resolve issues relating to sensitive and confidential legal matters
|• Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.|
|• Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.|
|• Must be at least 18 years of age.|
|• Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.|
|• Must be willing to travel when required (e.g., to support the Company’s airport development and other projects)|
|• Must be able to work flexible schedule to include non-business days and hours as needed to meet client needs
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please print/save the job description because it won’t be available after you apply