KLDiscovery, one of the largest national eDiscovery providers, is currently seeking law school graduates/law students/entry level paralegals candidates for temporary, project-based remote opportunities in Illinois.
This position is project-based and successful candidates will be considered temporary contingent employees. Durations may vary.
The ideal candidate will have experience working remotely and in an office environment as well as using Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel. This position does not require any license or certification to be considered. We welcome all interested qualified candidates to apply, including recent college graduates. This is an excellent entry into the legal field and the world of Cybersecurity breach response!
Entry level candidates are encouraged to apply.
- KLDiscovery has a pipeline of upcoming remote projects in Illinois
- Duration depends on the project; opportunities varies from 1 week to 6 months; possibly longer
- Flexible scheduling; must be able to commit to a minimum of 40-hours per week with 7 AM to 7 PM Monday through Thursday; 7AM to 5PM Friday
- Pay rate: $20/hour non-JDs; $22/hour JDs
- Overtime is available as necessary
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bar Admission/active Attorney’s License any US jurisdiction
- Experience in electronically reviewing documents in complex litigation matters using our various review platforms including KLDiscovery, Nebula, EDR, and Relativity is preferred but not required
- Assist with quality control, preparation of privilege and redaction logs
- Opportunity to practice and expand your legal experience by providing valuable insight into the discovery process in different areas of litigation
- Review and code documents for responsiveness, relevancy, confidentiality, and privilege
- High speed internet access at home office and either a Mac or PC with Windows 10 or newer operating system is required for remote work
- Proficient in the use of modern technology, especially computers and related remote, work from home office equipment
- Strong attention to detail/ability to prioritize tasks
- Critical thinking skills and ability to retain complex work direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer
- A friendly and welcoming team-oriented environment
- Opportunities for career advancement and growth
- Paid sick and safe leave
Our Cultural Values
Entrepreneurs at heart, we are a customer first team sharing one goal and one vision. We seek team members who are:
- Humble – No one is above another; we all work together to meet our clients’ needs and we acknowledge our own weaknesses
- Hungry – We all are driven internally to be successful and to continually expand our contribution and impact
- Smart – We use emotional intelligence when working with one another and with clients
Our culture shapes our actions, our products, and the relationships we forge with our customers.
Who We Are
KLDiscovery provides technology-enabled services and software to help law firms, corporations, government agencies and consumers solve complex data challenges. With offices in 40+ locations across 18 countries, we deliver best-in-class eDiscovery, information governance, and data recovery solutions to support the litigation, regulatory compliance, internal investigation and data recovery and management needs of our clients.
Serving clients for over 30 years, KLDiscovery offers data collection and forensic investigation, early case assessment, electronic discovery and data processing, application software and data hosting for web-based document reviews, and managed document review services. In addition, through its global Ontrack Data Recovery business, KLDiscovery delivers world-class data recovery, email extraction and restoration, data destruction and tape management in the US and around the globe. We are the pioneers of many tools and techniques used in the data recovery industry today.
KLDiscovery has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in North America by both Inc. Magazine (Inc. 5000) and Deloitte (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500) and CEO Chris Weiler was recognized as a 2014 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year™. Additionally, KLDiscovery is an Orange-level Relativity Best in Service Partner, a Relativity Premium Hosting Partner and maintains ISO/IEC 27001 Certified data centers.
KLDiscovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.