DISCO has an exciting new opportunity in our growing Forensics department. We are looking for an experienced forensic examiner to help us continue to grow our Forensics Services business. As a Senior Forensic Examiner, you will consult with customers on the most efficient and defensible method to collect data from all sources for investigation and analysis while using the most advanced forensic tools in the market.
We are seeking a customer-focused individual with strong technical skills to join this team in Austin. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating highly satisfied customers. The role requires sufficient technical skill to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose issues. The role also requires the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical users, helping them meet their discovery deadlines.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct remote and In-Lab forensic collections of digital evidence using best practices and approved software and hardware
- Consult with customers to conduct on-site and remote forensics collections, conduct In-Lab investigations, and manage data intake
- Acquire electronic data from computer hard drives, mobile devices, and other digital media in a forensically sound manner
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to staff personnel involved in the investigation and litigation process to ensure precautions are taken to prevent spoliation of evidence
- Serve as technical consultant on Data Management and Digital Forensic methodology and concepts
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Data Management program and Digital Forensics Laboratory in configuring hardware and software and managing inventories
- Ensure evidence is stored and archived in a manner consistent to maintain preservation and protection of data and evidence
- Ensure all hardware and software is verified and validated in accordance with established guidelines and the Federal Rules of Evidence
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of progressive technical experience that demonstrates relevant skills in digital forensic collections and investigations
- You have received a Bachelor's degree in digital forensics, computer science, or information technology
- You have hands-on experience using digital forensics software, including, but not limited to FTK, EnCase, Cellebrite, Macquisiton, and Axiom Forensic software
- Prior experience applying investigative and litigation support principles and methodologies
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be a US citizen and be able to pass a criminal background check
Even Better If You Have
- One or more Industry standard forensic certifications such as: EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE), Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), or EC-Council, ISACA, (ISC)2, & GIAC related forensic certifications
- Experience with computer networking and network traffic analysis preferred
- Experience with writing scripts in Python
- Experience with collecting cloud and CRM data
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.