The Sales Support Representative is an integral member of the Sales Excellence Department and interacts with Field Sales, Client Success, Lead Generation, Sales Enablement, Services, Finance, and Marketing to enable the company to grow and capture market share. The Sales Support Representative reports to the EMEA Sales Director and will dotted line report to the Director of Sales Excellence based in the US. The primary responsibility of this position is to work hand in hand with the regional sales team to support prospecting and selling activities.
What You'll Do
- Manage all inbound requests from regional sales teams including contract activation, billing and collections items, ad hoc reporting requests, CRM data updates, account assignment changes and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Liaise with sales and finance to answer billing related questions
- Conduct customer and prospect research as needed. This will include gathering information and presenting in a clear and meaningful way that is easily presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prospecting support including opportunity and lead identification by staying up to date on industry news and trends, tracking prospect filings, following prospect organizational moves, etc.
- Assist with sales rep meeting preparation including preparing slide presentations, reporting support and other information gathering as necessary.
- Support commercial proposals, client facing documents and
- Monitor sales performance against KPIs and report progress and make suggestions to sales and regional managers as appropriate
- Work with sales team to manage pipeline data accuracy and integrity
- Balance multiple priorities and deadlines
- Participate in daily and weekly meetings and conference calls
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, and/or Business Strategy
- Demonstrate strong Microsoft Excel competence, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and other functions
- Demonstrate Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides experience sufficient to create and modify presentations as needed
- Proficient in Excel building tools/reports to support Sales activities and analytics
- Ability to articulate processes and gather requirements in a meaningful way with our sales and sales operations teams
- Strong analytical and accuracy skills
- Effective presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Willingness to work rare nights and weekends when business needs are required
Even Better if You. . .
- Have a passion for innovation and are looking to develop alongside a fast growing technology company
- Are unbelievably organised, procedural and love compliance
- Can navigate systems and administration to produce efficient outcomes
- Willing to go the extra mile and look for extra areas to help the business grow
Location & travel
- This job is located in London, UK. No travel required.
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.