DISCO is looking for a legal technology domain expert to collaborate across the organization to create products that deliver better legal outcomes.
DISCO is a once in a lifetime opportunity to transform the way the law works and the way legal services are delivered. Legal is shifting away from bespoke human labor for every project and toward productized legal services — legal services that rely on technology and process to deliver better quality, increased consistency, greater efficiency, and, ultimately, improved legal outcomes for end clients. Legal technology is powering this transition by automating away the parts of the practice of law that don’t require human legal judgment so that great lawyers can focus on doing the things that only they can do.
We have a two-layered product vision: first, build software that empowers great lawyers and legal professionals by automating the parts of the practice that can be automated; second, build productized legal services on top of that software that enable DISCO to directly deliver improved legal outcomes and to do so with software gross margins. We believe the secret to success is building product experiences that feel magical to lawyers — and we believe this happens when you consciously combine a deep love and respect for the law and a deep understanding of how lawyers work and think with a willingness to invest in Valley-grade engineering that lifts the constraints on what we can design and build.
What You'll Do
- Provide real-life practice experience to accelerate product planning and development, including providing guidance on a minimum viable product (MVP) strategy, assisting product launch efforts, and making product development decisions based on customer and strategic impact.
- Approve product designs; iterate with designers and product managers on designs at all levels of detail, from overall user experience and flow to details of button positioning and copy.
- Facilitate discussions with our end-users for product research, design validation, and prioritization discussions. Translate as-is customer workflows and pain points into actionable product requirements and feature requests.
- Work with other product leaders to inform product prioritization and roadmap by synthesizing input from:
- Customer success and professional services teams
- Specific customers through interviews
- Customers in the aggregate through surveys and usage data
- Product delivery teams, including design, product management, and engineering
- Prospective customers
- Marketing and sales teams
Who You Are
- You must be a “legal domain expert” in litigation who deeply understands the way lawyers and legal professionals think and work, the problems we face, and the kinds of solutions that feel magical. You are an expert at all stages of the ediscovery process, with a deep understanding of the data lifecycle.
- You are a legal technology expert and regularly use legal technology in your practice, for example, DISCO or other platforms for ediscovery.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of relevant litigation or ediscovery experience, holding positions of successive responsibility.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, supported by an ownership mindset
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills to influence and communicate with all levels of management.
- High-energy self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- While you need not be a software engineer, you can “speak the language.” You can talk to engineering teams about how platform design choices affect user-facing features and vice versa; have a reasonably accurate and intuitive sense for the size and scope of features as you design them. You have a working understanding of product management, design, and engineering processes.
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.