DISCO is looking for a legal technology domain expert to collaborate across the organization to create products that deliver better legal outcomes.
DISCO is a once in a lifetime opportunity to transform the way the law works and the way legal services are delivered. Legal is shifting away from bespoke human labor for every project and toward productized legal services — legal services that rely on technology and process to deliver better quality, increased consistency, greater efficiency, and, ultimately, improved legal outcomes for end clients. Legal technology is powering this transition by automating away the parts of the practice of law that don’t require human legal judgment so that great lawyers can focus on doing the things that only they can do.
We have a two-layered product vision: first, build software that empowers great lawyers and legal professionals by automating the parts of the practice that can be automated; second, build productized legal services on top of that software that enable DISCO to directly deliver improved legal outcomes and to do so with software gross margins. We believe the secret to success is building product experiences that feel magical to lawyers — and we believe this happens when you consciously combine a deep love and respect for the law and a deep understanding of how lawyers work and think with a willingness to invest in Valley-grade engineering that lifts the constraints on what we can design and build.
What You’ll Do
Drive DISCO’s overall product strategy to achieve our goal of being a category creator and category leader in legaltech. Delivering outcomes that drive adoption of technology in the legal industry, and improve the practice of law.
- Develop product roadmap and priorities; represent the voice of the marketplace in product discussions, and effectively communicate the trade-offs associated with prioritizing specific new products or services across the existing backlog of development.
- Work closely with our customer facing teams and product delivery teams to acquire all requisite market signals to inform and support the articulated product strategy from data collected via:
- Customer success and professional services teams
- Specific customers through interviews
- Customers in the aggregate through surveys and usage data
- Product delivery teams, including design, product management, and engineering
- Prospective customers
- Marketing and sales teams
Who You Are
- You must be a “legal domain expert” who deeply understands the way lawyers and legal professionals think and work and the kinds of solutions that feel magical. You must have a working knowledge of ediscovery technology, processes and workflow.
- You are a legal technology expert and have a proven track record of improving legal department or firm operations through the use of technology.
- You have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in leveraging technology to improve the practice of law.
- Ability to envision and articulate new methods of achieving high results in legal products and services.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills to influence and communicate with all levels of management.
- Experienced crafting thought leadership content for written and verbal delivery on all aspects of innovation in legal technology.
- High-energy self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- While you need not be a software engineer, you can “speak the language.” You can talk to engineering teams about how platform design choices affect user-facing features and vice versa; have a reasonably accurate and intuitive sense for the size and scope of features as you design them. You have a working understanding of product management, design, and engineering processes.
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus RSUs
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.