We are seeking an entry-level customer-focused individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills to join DISCO’s growing Professional Services team. In this role, you will consult with customers to prepare data for legal review in DISCO’s ediscovery platform, provide assistance to end-users throughout the legal discovery process, troubleshoot technical issues, and guide customers to use the DISCO platform optimally.
- You will be part of a technical team who works closely with our clients on all aspects of matter management, data processing, and data manipulation.
- You will work on challenging projects with complex data that requires advanced data analysis and manipulation using industry standard tools.
- You will work closely with our product and engineering teams by providing feedback on technical issues and submitting feature requests on behalf of our clients.
What You'll Be Doing
- Coordinate the processing, loading, and exporting of data to and from our ediscovery platform.
- Troubleshoot data issues encountered while working with unstructured data (email, office documents, chats) and structured data (production data).
- Prioritize workload assignments and communicate job status and potential issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manipulate incoming load files to meet DISCO ingest specifications.
- Perform thorough quality control and validations on all assigned tasks prior to delivery.
- Create custom data productions that conform to client technical specifications.
- Facilitate the administration and tracking of client data and perform periodic audits of the same to ensure that DISCO is in-line with the client’s case requirements and data retention policies.
- Accurately log and classify issues to provide complete information for Engineering interventions, product improvements, reporting, and other needs within DISCO.
- Handle multiple projects and priorities in a highly time-sensitive environment.
- Proactively contribute to improvements in our product and related documentation.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures for creating, updating and resolving tickets. Proactively monitor open tickets in Salesforce, contact customers and provide updates in a timely manner.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of DISCO as well as external clients and vendors via written and verbal communication.
Who You Are
- Technical troubleshooting skills to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose various technical issues.
- Attention to detail, strong organization, and client-service orientation skills.
- Advanced skills with Excel (vlookups, macros, etc.). Experience using formulas in Excel to manipulate data.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in order to interact effectively with coworkers and clients.
- Ability to accurately determine a client’s requirements and take ownership of client requests.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Business, Legal or related fields.
- Ability to work from our Austin, TX headquarters.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard M-F 9-5pm CST business hours.
Even Better If You Have…
- Knowledge of various data storage methodologies, data collections, data processing and methods of electronic production.
- Strong understanding of relational databases such as SQL or MS Access.
- 1+ year of ediscovery or digital forensics data processing experience with a general understanding of the ediscovery lifecycle and related data processing standards and concepts, including data processing, data deduplication, de-nisting, imaging, metadata extraction, load files, and data migration across ediscovery platforms.
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions.
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.