The Director, Review Operations will be responsible for running and scaling our Managed Review delivery model in the US while coordinating and aligning with other jurisdictions to ensure consistent global service delivery. Critical to the success of this role is having strong leadership skills to coach and develop the review management team and the know-how and desire to run a highly scalable legal review operation. This role reports directly to the VP, Review Operations (US).
This person will advise DISCO case teams on how to optimally align features and workflows within the context of case-specific constraints, leveraging well-established best practices. The right candidate will join the Austin based team and approach each day with a passion to help improve client outcomes by leveraging the best technology in the market. Our ideal candidate for this role brings in-depth knowledge of traditional legal review management with a desire to help our clients – and the greater industry – evolve and innovate this work.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for day to day tactical delivery of the US review business
- Hire, coach, mentor, and develop review operations staff, including leading review manager onboarding and providing quarterly career development sessions
- Responsible for team progress, pace, and quality and client-facing updates & reports. Ensure that all reviews are completed on time and within budget
- Act as an escalation point to the review management team, providing hands-on advisory services and leadership with client communications/deliverables when quality issues arise
- Leverage existing talent, management tools, methods, and partnerships to expand the US business geographically
- Identify and implement process improvement to continuously increase operational efficiency, quality, and scalability
- Provide input on strategic opportunities to improve operations and grow revenue
- Track team utilization, manage workload balancing, and ensure proper resourcing for all incoming review projects
- Partner with Review Sales leadership by supporting sales motions and providing advisory services during the pre-sale phase
- Partner with Sales Leadership and Sales Operations to align on strategy, reporting progress to meet quarterly and annual targets
- Provide client consultation within the context of client inputs and goals to optimize data populations for early data assessment, review, and production
- Engage with DISCO clients on active matters to expand their use of advanced workflows and features so as to increase the value they derive from our technology, including DISCO AI
- Ensure coordination of facility and logistical considerations for the review services team
- At all times, drive toward client satisfaction, revenue, and margin goals
Who You Are
- Experienced leader with 7+ years of experience as an attorney and 5+ years of experience leading Review Managers of document review teams
- Possess a high degree of ediscovery experience and knowledge especially with document review
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment where your teams are managing multiple fast-moving projects at a given time
- BS or BA degree required
- Juris Doctorate degree required
- Active licensed lawyer in at least one US jurisdiction
- Have used and understand industry-standard review and production tools including Relativity, Everlaw, DISCO, etc.
- Strong understanding of AI capabilities and applications
- Excellent communicator – able to present complex technical details, articulate verbally and in writing, and able to instill confidence in clients
- You are a consummate problem solver and have a strategic mindset
- You are a natural people manager who develops team members and enables them to become more effective and take on more significant responsibilities
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus RSUs
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.