NCR Region, India
The Director, Review Operations will be responsible for running and scaling our Managed Review delivery model in our new India center, while coordinating and aligning with other jurisdictions to ensure consistent global service delivery. This role reports directly to the VP & Global Head, Review Operations.
Mature leadership skills to coach and develop the review management team, and the know-how and desire to run a highly scalable legal review operation, are critical to the success of this role. Given that the India center will be the newest entrant in DISCO’s network of offices, strong process-orientation, and a proven track record in developing and standardizing processes, as well as in integrating with existing programs (both internal and client-side) are also required.
This person will advise DISCO case teams on how to optimally align features and workflows within the context of case-specific constraints, leveraging well-established best practices. The right candidate will lead and actively help build and grow the India-based Review team, approaching each day with a passion to help improve client outcomes by leveraging the best technology in the market. Our ideal candidate for this role brings in-depth knowledge of traditional legal review management (gained by virtue of working with a mix of clients with mature ediscovery and managed service programs; as well as those at earlier points in their ediscovery journey), with a desire to help our clients – and the greater industry – evolve and innovate this work.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for developing and scaling the Review function; includes some amount of day to day tactical delivery in connection with particular sales opportunities and review projects.
- Hire, coach, mentor, and develop review operations staff, including leading review manager onboarding and providing quarterly career development sessions
- Act as an escalation point to the review management team, providing hands-on advisory services and leadership with client communications/deliverables when quality issues arise
- Leverage existing talent, management tools, methods, and partnerships to help support the Review business’ global expansion
- Identify and implement process improvement to continuously increase operational efficiency, quality, and scalability
- Provide input on strategic opportunities to improve operations and grow revenue (with a particular emphasis on strategic target client personae and industries)
- Partner with business development functions by supporting sales motions, marketing initiatives, and providing advisory services during the pre-sale phase
- Provide client consultation within the context of client inputs and goals to optimize data populations for early data assessment, review, and production; some engagement with DISCO clients on active matters to expand their use of advanced workflows and features so as to increase the value they derive from our technology, including DISCO AI
- At all times, drive toward client satisfaction, revenue, and margin goals
Who You Are
- Experienced leader with 10+ years of experience in legal services (preferably outside a law-firm), and 7+ years of experience leading Review Managers and/or document review teams
- Possess a high degree of ediscovery experience and industry knowledge, especially with respect to managed review
- Experience working with global clients from common-law jurisdictions, preferably across a range of industries
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment where your teams are managing multiple fast-moving projects at a given time
- Indian law degree required
- Have used and understand industry-standard review and ediscovery tools including Relativity, Everlaw, DISCO, etc.
- Strong understanding of AI capabilities and applications
- Excellent communicator – able to present complex technical details, articulate verbally and in writing, and able to instill confidence in clients
- You are a consummate problem solver and have a strategic mindset
- You are a natural people manager who develops team members and enables them to become more effective and take on more significant responsibilities
Perks of DISCO…
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.