The Director, Managed Review (MR) US will be responsible for running and scaling the US managed review offering. Critical to the success of this role is leading the MR team in the optimal alignment of features and workflows within the context of case-specific constraints, including leveraging well-established best practices and developing customized workflows. The Director will play a strategic role in continuing to develop an innovative approach to document review through leveraging DISCO's best in class AI and analytics. The right candidate will join the DISCO team and approach each day with a passion to help improve client outcomes by leveraging the best technology in the market. Our ideal candidate for this role brings in-depth knowledge of traditional legal review management with a desire to help our clients – and the greater industry – evolve and innovate.
What You'll Do
- Maintain responsibility for strategic vision of the US Managed Review business and ensure that tactical delivery by the review management team aligns
- Provide advisory and oversight of active projects being delivered by your team, from pre-sales to post-delivery. At all times, drive toward client satisfaction, revenue, and margin goals.
- Collaborate with the Head of MR and Sales to set pricing and project margin for standard review engagements
- Maintain oversight of revenue estimates tracked by the review management team to ensure that all engagements for the business unit achieve revenue and margin objectives
- Provide oversight and leadership for the review management team including the hiring, training, coaching, workload balancing, and performance management
- Engage with DISCO clients on complex matters to expand their use of advanced workflows and features to increase the value they derive from our technology, including DISCO AI
- Assist in project communication between clients and DISCO as needed, acting as an senior leadership on complex or challenging projects
- Ensure coordination of facility & logistic considerations for domestic managed review services
- Partner with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, and Finance to align on strategy, reporting progress to meet quarterly and annual targets
Who You Are
- Experienced leader with 10+ years of experience as an attorney and 5+ years of experience leading documents review teams
- Possess a J.D.
- Excellent communicator who is able to present complex technical details, articulate verbally and in writing, and able to instill confidence in clients
- Possess a high degree of ediscovery experience and knowledge
- Have used and understand industry-standard review and production tools including DISCO, Relativity, Everlaw etc.
- Consummate problem solver with a strategic mindset
- Comfortable creating, tracking, and analyzing project and financial metrics
- Natural people manager who develops team members and enables them to become more effective and take on more significant responsibilities
- Self-starter who is action oriented and possesses a strong sense of urgency
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million — a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.