The Director – Managed Review EMEA will be responsible for running and scaling our Managed Review delivery model in the region while coordinating and aligning with our US operations to ensure consistent global service delivery. Critical to the success of this role is having the know-how and desire to build and run a highly scalable legal review operation whilst possessing the appetite to perform hands-on management of review projects as it grows.
This role will also advise DISCO case teams on how to optimally align features and workflows within the context of case-specific constraints, leveraging well-established best practices. The right candidate will join the DISCO EMEA team and approach each day with a passion to help improve client outcomes by leveraging the best technology on the market. Our ideal candidate for this role brings in-depth knowledge of traditional legal review management with a desire to help our clients – and the greater industry – evolve and innovate.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain responsibility for day to day strategic vision and tactical delivery of the EMEA Managed Review business
- Provide hands-on advisory and review management services on active projects, from pre-sales to post-delivery
- Leverage existing talent, management tools, methods, and partnerships used by our US Managed Review group to adapt and expand the EMEA business
- Ensure that reviews are completed on time and within budget
- Engage with DISCO clients on active matters to expand their use of advanced workflows and features so as to increase the value they derive from our technology, including DISCO AI
- Coordinate project communication between clients and DISCO
- Ensure teams of review attorneys are trained on the legal issues relevant to each project
- Responsible for team progress, pace, and quality and client-facing updates & reports
- Verify quality work product from start to finish
- Ensure coordination of facility and logistical considerations for each project
- Validate payroll and time utilisation at regular intervals
- Within the context of client inputs and goals, utilise strong technical skills to optimise data populations for early data assessment, review, and production
- At all times, drive toward client satisfaction, revenue, and margin goals
- Partner with Sales Leadership and Sales Operations to align on strategy, reporting progress to meet quarterly and annual targets
Who You Are:
- Experienced leader with 10+ years of experience as an attorney and 5+ years of experience leading documents review teams
- Excellent communicator – able to present complex technical details, articulate verbally and in writing, and able to instill confidence in clients
- Possess a high degree of ediscovery experience and knowledge
- Actively licensed lawyer in at least one Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Have used and understand industry-standard review and production tools including Relativity, Everlaw, DISCO, etc.
- Location in London, UK
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million — a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.