DISCO has an exciting new opportunity in our growing Forensics department. We are looking for a Data Intake Specialist (aka Media Intake Specialist internally) to join DISCO to help us continue to grow our Professional Services business. As a Data Intake Specialist, you will be responsible for the proper handling and management of all incoming forensic data.
We are seeking a customer-focused, highly organized individual with strong technical troubleshooting skills to join this team in Austin. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating highly satisfied customers. The role requires sufficient technical skill to understand and address data issues, identify and navigate network problems, and provide support to our team of Forensic Examiners. The role also requires the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical customers, helping them meet their discovery deadlines. We will not hire residents of Colorado for this role.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of incoming client data either via physical media or through Disco High-Speed Uploader
- Run directory reports and custom scripts on all incoming data to copy and stage data for processing
- Identify and troubleshoot issues encountered while working with data, and escalate to senior team members or management
- Manage the media lab and associated systems in accordance with DISCO procedures including the media supply inventory
- Manage the logging and storage of physical media in order to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of client data
- Enter billable tasks into the billing system to charge clients for media management services
Who You Are
- 2+ years of ediscovery data processing or forensics experience
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Forensics, Technology, Business, Legal or related fields
- Knowledge of file systems, encryption tools, compression methods, and data transfer protocols
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under very tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with the initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions
- Attention to detail, strong organization, and client-service orientation skills
- Ability to work from our Austin, TX headquarters
- Ability to work Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, with availability to come into the office periodically on Saturdays as required
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.