- Full Time
As a Data Engineer on the Enterprise Data Warehouse platform, you will build data pipelines that enable critical visibility for our business. This insight is key in our mission to conquer the Legal Tech industry. We hire the best and brightest engineers that approach design from a systems perspective and have the aspirational goal of everything ‘well-crafted.’ A DISCO candidate can deliver real customer value while pursuing high marks on these architecture quality attributes: Availability, Scalability, Interoperability, Modifiability, Performance, Security, Testability.
What You'll Work On
- Highly scalable and finely crafted data pipelines
- Business Intelligence and Data Analytics capabilities to drive low-latency Key Performance Indicator generation;
- Custom connectors to extract critical data from third party systems for ingestion into the Enterprise Data Warehouse;
- Event bus and event sourcing capabilities that provide business and engineering leverage and efficiencies;
- Transactional or eventually consistent stores that provide well-encapsulated domain object semantics;
- Orchestrated scale-out data pipelines that can leverage serverless and containerized compute that balance cost, latency, and duration;
- Algorithmically intensive data engines that operate on streaming, large, or multi-tenant datasets;
- Innovative data validation frameworks to enhance data quality and reliability.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of modern enterprise programming languages like Python, Java, or C#
- Excellent with data modeling, database design and data analysis, including how to scale out, make highly available, or map to storage systems
- Strong experience with Data Infrastructure/Database technologies such as: Snowflake, Redshift, Vertica, Teradata, Oracle RAC, PostgreSQL, Informatica
- Able to employ modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools with an emphasis on a well-maintained testing pyramid
- Experience with Business Intelligence technologies such as QuickSight, Tableau, Qlik, or Looker
- Experience with ‘Big Data’ technologies such as Kafka, DataFlow, and Spark and data processing and orchestration systems such as DBT, NiFi, and Airflow,
- Extensive experience designing and operating software in a cloud provider such as AWS or GCP
Even Better If You Are…
- Experienced translating requirements into a robust, scalable data pipelines to support dynamic workloads and world-class analytics
- Skilled taking technical or business context to guide the team by turning ambiguity into clarity
- Experienced with persistence mechanisms storage technologies such as; Relational Databases, NoSql Stores, data caches, etc.
DISCO's Technology Stack
Enterprise Reporting: Snowflake, QuickSight, Fivetran, DBT
Cloud Provider: AWS – ECS, EC2, Lambda, Aurora MySQL, Redshift, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, S3, CloudFront, CloudFormation, SageMaker, KMS, CodePipeline, etc.
Event Bus: Kafka and Schema Registry
CI/CD: Terraform, Docker (via ECS), Jenkins, CodeDeploy, GitHub, Artifactory, Consul for App Config, Service Discovery, Shared Secrets
Visibility: ELK Stack for logging, Data Dog, New Relic, Sentry.io
Transport Mechanisms: Protobuf, Avro, HTTP Rest/JSON
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
Are you ready to help us fulfill our mission to use technology to strengthen the rule of law? Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note that DISCO has a mandatory COVID vaccination policy which requires all employees in the U.S. to be fully vaccinated, subject to applicable legal exemptions.