This position is a part of FTI Consulting’s Acuity team which includes supporting, coordinating, managing and participating in document reviews at the direction of FTI clients. As part of their role, this position will utilize various platforms and also consult in areas of eDiscovery. Deep knowledge of Relativity and Nuix Discover is preferred.
The Director is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple client matters as well as developing and initiating new relationship with existing and prospective clients. The Director should be able to provide high level substantive review workflow and review strategy advice to clients. The person in this role should be able to solely manage reviews, and review workflows. They will be responsible for matters from developing the initial proposal to collection of the final bill. Other responsibilities are to provide input for general management, including scheduling, resource allocation, revenue projections and operational process and procedures.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Communicates well – is excellent at boiling down complex concepts to explain them simply via verbal and written communication.
- Is organized – able to prioritize and multi-task
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, organized way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently and with different client demands
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard – while innovation is part of future success, everyone has common tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which attention to detail and high-quality client service are crucial.
What You’ll Do
- Guide and manage reviews. Set review workflow and strategy, run review and manage client relationship from beginning to end of project and beyond project scope.
- Create and monitor timelines for completion of various phases of review.
- Supervise review teams.
- Work closely with operations and human resources team to on-board and off-board reviewers.
- Assist sales team and consultants in Acuity sales pursuits, generate own Acuity up-selling to existing clients. Be instrumental through the entire process from opportunity identification, to proposal preparation, to consultative sale, to closing of contract.
- Document Review Consulting, Nuix Discover and Relativity – Execute tasks to support corporate or law firm clients as assigned by senior team members
- Develop initial budget with the team for each case and ensure adherence to that budget
- Work closely with the client, the FTI service delivery team, and project review team to ensure that lines of communication between all project participants are established and maintained during the course of the engagement and that a mutual understanding of the scope of work and related costs exists between both parties.
- Coordinate, counsel, and manage project review team to ensure the accuracy and throughput of the document review. Manage several projects simultaneously.
- Set up, supervise and complete a privilege log with attorney team. Monitor review speeds and progress on a regular basis and implement and oversee a quality control protocol.
- Interview and build project review teams, with focus on developing go-to regional and substantive reviewers for use on a variety of projects.
- Train and guide team leads and review teams.
- Provide detailed substantive review support for the client and project review team on the use of review tools both on site, at client locations and remotely.
- Communicate with client and/or outside counsel to scope substantive parameters of the project, select proper review tool and repository, and estimate project timelines and budgets.
- Be able to suggest appropriate uses and review workflows, including the ability to integrate quality control workflows involving the client and senior project reviewers.
- Build and foster relationships with client contacts.
- Define the scope of work to include a list of deliverables and deadlines. Oversee progress of work to ensure delivery of all work product within established timeframes and standards of quality.
- Manage expenditures within budget estimates. Work with project manager to maintain communication with client and project team regarding changes to proposed work and budget.
- Ensure inputs to billing system accurately reflect case status, revenue projections and authorized budgets.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other offices and departments in the company. Promote uniformity of office procedures and consistent high quality of final work product.
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible.)
How You’ll Grow
The Director in eDiscovery will have the opportunity to gain a wide range of experiences and skills across the full spectrum of service lines FTI Consulting Technology offers. The Director will have access to working with senior leadership, learning from the best in the industry. The person in this role will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and think outside the box.
- Minimum 4 years of legal/electronic discovery experience or document review environment.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience supporting document review software applications, preferably in document-intensive cases is preferable.
- Experience interfacing with end-client – either corporation, outside counsel or both.
- LLB or a JD degree required.
- Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s).
- Flexibility – ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to handle multiple tasks through prioritization and time management skills.
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline–driven situations
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Uses technology assisted review to ferret out the most responsive documents more quickly.
- Speaks/reads a language other than English and has supervised a foreign language review a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and working with people in a team environment.
- Broad knowledge and experience on participating in and managing wide variety of document reviews.
- Antitrust or Foreign Corrupt Practices Act experience is a plus.
- Has supervised a case using predictive coding.
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Experience with budget development and working with spreadsheets.
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Comprehensive leave policy
- Health care benefits including dependents
- Education subsidy with study and examination leaves
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for corporate charitable event donations
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.