We work with corporations, governments and law firms to meet legal, regulatory and investigative demands by leveraging our skills to enable our clients to more confidently govern, secure, find, analyse and rapidly understand their data in the context of compliance and risk.
This position is a part of FTI Consulting’s Managed Document Review team which includes supporting, coordinating, managing and participating in document reviews at the direction of FTI clients. As part of their role, this position will utilize various platforms. Deep knowledge of Relativity and familiarity with Nuix Discovery is preferred.
The Review Manager is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple client matters as well as developing and initiating new relationship with existing and prospective clients. The Review Manager should be able to provide high level substantive review workflow and review strategy advice to clients. Individuals in this role should be able to manage reviews and review workflows for matters and teams of all sizes. They will be responsible for matters from developing the initial proposal to collection of the final bill. Other responsibilities include providing input for general matter management, including scheduling, resource allocation, revenue projections and operational process and procedures.
What You’ll Do
- Guide and manage reviews. Set review workflow and strategy, run review and manage client relationship from beginning to end of project and beyond project scope.
- Create and monitor timelines for completion of various phases of review.
- Work closely with operations and recruitment and operations team to on-board and off-board reviewers.
- Assist sales team and consultants in Managed Document Review sales pursuits, build and foster relationships with client contacts to generate return business. Be instrumental through the entire process from opportunity identification, to proposal preparation, to consultative sale, to closing of contract.
- Develop initial budget with the team for each case and ensure adherence to that budget including, ensure inputs to billing system accurately reflect case status, revenue projections and authorized budgets.
- Work closely with the client, the FTI service delivery team, and project review team to ensure that lines of communication between all project participants are established and maintained during the course of the engagement and that a mutual understanding of the scope of work and related costs exists between both parties.
- Coordinate, counsel, and manage project review team to ensure the accuracy and throughput of the document review. Manage several projects simultaneously.
- Supervise review teams including monitoring of review speeds and progress on a regular basis, implementation and oversight of quality control protocol.
- Train and guide team leads and reviewers to build project review teams, with focus on developing go-to regional and substantive reviewers for use on a variety of projects.
- Provide detailed substantive review support for the client and project review team on the use of review tools both on site, at client locations and remotely.
- Communicate with client and/or outside counsel to scope substantive parameters of the project, select proper review tool and repository, and estimate project timelines and budgets.
- Be able to suggest appropriate uses and review workflows, including the ability to integrate quality control workflows involving the client and senior project reviewers.
- Define the scope of work to include a list of deliverables and deadlines. Oversee progress of work to ensure delivery of all work product within established timeframes and standards of quality.
- Manage expenditures within budget estimates. Work with project manager to maintain communication with client and project team regarding changes to proposed work and budget.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other offices and departments in the company. Promote uniformity of office procedures and consistent high quality of final work product.
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 4 years’ experience leading in the legal/electronic discovery or document review environment
- Minimum 4 years’ experience supporting document review software applications, preferably in document-intensive cases is preferable
- Experience interfacing with end-client – either corporate, outside counsel or both
- Qualified to practice, active and in good standing in at least one jurisdiction required
- Flexibility – ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to handle multiple tasks through prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Speaks/reads a language other than English and has supervised a foreign language review a plus but not required
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and working with people in a team environment
- Broad knowledge and experience on participating in and managing wide variety of document reviews
- Has supervised a case using predictive coding, demonstrated track record of leveraging AI tools in review
- Strong technical skills
- Experience with budget development and working with spreadsheets
- Travel required to clients and to FTI office(s).
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation. #LI-KR1