BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Director will be responsible for working with practice leadership to design, implement and drive the Managed Document Review (“MDR”) service line strategy. Additionally, work closely with practice leadership and peers from inside and outside the Forensic Technology Services practice to continually improve, evolve and ensure the MDR service line is addressing industry demands, while maintaining an acceptable margin. The Director will also be responsible for directly managing a team of Review Managers, and full-time and/or independent contractor document reviewers, potentially based both inside and outside of the US.
As there are several cities listed within this job description, we would consider candidates nationwide and able to work remote as long as willing to travel to client site as needed.
– Actively collaborates with practice leadership in the design & implementation of the service line strategy.
– Designs and implements the overall Managed Document Review service line, including, but not limited to, the initial busines plan and the go-to-market sales strategy.
– Collaborates with practice leaders and peers in the design of proprietary offerings and workflows using a blend of commercial and custom software.
– Establishes and maintains scalable staffing models necessary to efficiently support multiple document reviews of varying sizes both domestically and internationally.
– Serves as the primary service line’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) both internally and externally to the Firm.
– Manages service line economics to achieve the mutually defined service line financial goals.
– Demonstrates ability to directly engage, supervise, collaborate, and manage BDO teams consistent with BDO’s core values.
Business Development Responsibilities:
– Engages existing network to identify and develops new clients both individually and as part of a broader BDO client engagement team.
– Collaborates and educates internal resources on the composition and differentiators of the new document review service line.
– Drafts and delivers Managed Review proposals that satisfy the client’s primary objectives.
– Responds directly and timely to all client requests.
– Develops, communicates, manages, and executes project plans for clients, including consultations on processes and tools to meet and exceed client goals.
– Supervises a portfolio of document review clients & projects while providing strategic guidance to the respective document review teams.
– Stays on top of trends, new tools, and overall knowledge of the e-discovery marketplace in the service of our clients.
– Translates highly technical information to non-technical clients.
– Portrays exceptional organizational skills.
Operational and Technical Responsibilities:
– Applies competencies in multiple document review technologies, such as RelativityOne.
– Applies competencies in advanced analytics, machine learning, document review methodologies, and knowledge of complex document review workflows.
– Manages multiple workstreams across the assigned portfolio of clients including both upstream escalation paths and downstream day-to-day management.
Perform other related duties as required.
– Supervises the day-to-day workload of engagement staff and reviews work product, as appropriate
– Evaluates the performance of engagement staff and assists in the development of goals and objectives to enhance professional development, as appropriate
– Delivers periodic performance feedback and completes annual performance evaluations for engagement staff
– Acts as Career Advisor to staff, as assigned
– Bachelor’s degree, required
– Juris Doctorate, preferred
– Ten (10) or more years of experience with forensics’ “Managed Document Review” to include: proposals, engagements, business offerings and/or client strategy, required
– Five (5) or more years experience in project and/or client management for document review services, required
– A strong business development acumen with the ability to own generating additional revenue for the practice, required
– One (1) or more Relativity certifications required :
– RelativityOne Reviewer Pro, Relativity Analytics Specialist, and/or Relativity Project Management Specialist
– Relativity Certified Administrator is preferred
– One (1) or more Reveal Data suite certifications such as Brainspace Analyst, Specialist, and/or Admin Certification are preferred
– ACEDS’ Certified E-Discovery Specialist Certification, eDiscovery Executive Certificate, and/or eDiscovery Technology Certificate preferred
– Proficient in multiple document review technologies such as RelativityOne, and/or Reveal, required
– Proficiency in one or more advanced analytics applications such as Brainspace and/or H5, and a general understanding of machine language translation tools, preferred.
– English, required
– Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, French, German, and/or Hindi, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
– Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
– Solid organizational skills especially the ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details and quality
– Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
– Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and client personnel
– Provide an encouraging team atmosphere on engagements and contribute to the professional development of the team
– Strong and effective people management skills are a necessary component of this role
Akron, Anchorage, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boca Raton, Boston, Charlotte, Cherry Hill, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbia, Columbus, Columbus (BSC), Coral Gables, Dallas, Des Plaines, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale 301, Fort Worth, Gardner, Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids (BSC), Greater Philadelphia, Greater Washington D.C – Potomac, Greater Washington D.C. – McLean, Greenville, Harrisburg, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kalamazoo, Lakeland, Laramie, Las Vegas, Las Vegas – 6100 Elton, Long Island, Los Angeles, Madison, Madison 8383, McLean, Memphis, Miami, Miami – Brickell, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, New York 600, New York 622, Norfolk, Oak Brook, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Reno, Richmond, Rosemont, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, San Ramon, Seattle, Seattle 601, Spokane, St. Louis, Stamford, Tampa Bay, Tulsa, Valhalla, Washington, DC, West Palm Beach, Wilmington, Winter Haven, Woodbridge