This Director, ETS Operations role is responsible for the oversight of one of the four core functions of ETS (Hosting, Intake, Processing & Production) and the associated operations and staff for that function across all of our US locations and with our offshore vendors. Additionally, this Director serves as a senior, on-site leadership resource for all ETS staff aligned to their regional office in a matrix management structure, coordinating with other director-level ETS colleagues as needed to ensure smooth and consistent service delivery across all ETS teams within the office.
- Accountable for the overall success of the Hosting function through ownership of the department’s processes, procedures, plans, and performance.
- Oversee and facilitate day-to-day operations for all ETS teams (Hosting, Intake, Processing, and Production) aligned to the New York office in a matrix management environment, acting as a point of on-site leadership escalation for ETS staff and Client Services.
- Identify and implement procedural changes for improved workflow, quality, and process improvements to maximize system resources and efficiencies as applicable.
- Act as the primary escalation point for high-urgency or complex matters related to Relativity support; creating project plans to ensure the success of new workflows, remediation efforts, and custom projects.
- Develop and refine standardization and best practices around hosting support.
- Develop and refine departmental SLAs related to hosting support to accurately forecast capacity and turn-times in response to court-ordered deadlines.
- Provide technical leadership to the department and drive innovative solutions across the organization.
- Work closely with direct reports (Hosting Managers) at all Lighthouse US talent centers and with senior leadership at our vendor partners to develop solid teams, leaders, and high performing shifts.
- Drive continuous improvements to workflows and procedures to strengthen hosting support efficiencies, decrease turnaround times, and improve and promote quality.
- Partner with leaders across departments to work together on accomplishing common goals to drive success within the company.
- Drive critical cross-organizational change initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Experience supporting document review preferred.
- Strong knowledge of industry-specific applications and platforms such as NUIX, Passware, ABBYY, Exolution, Veritone, Relativity, eCapture, Brainspace, etc.
- Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated senior leadership expertise and high EQ – as a leader of leaders and manager of managers, able to effectively engage up and down the org chart with the right level of involvement, coaching, and mentoring to develop talent and influence culture.
- Change agent – able to understand that what is custom and challenging today needs to be standard and supported tomorrow. Able to lead geographically-dispersed teams through transformational change and instill a culture that embraces continuous improvement.
- Commitment to quality – takes ownership of the overall quality of hosting deliverables, ensuring that root-cause analysis leads to long-term solutions that bolster overall service quality.
- Technical visionary who stays current on industry trends and drives innovation by creating a culture of accountability and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to move between strategic and tactical, in both planning and execution of work.
- Customer service demeanor: approachable, respectful, confident, and polite while always maintaining a solution-based attitude.
- Track record of consistent quality and high level efficiency.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong organization, reporting and time-management skills.
- Sense of urgency and ability to multitask.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- 5+ years of technical eDiscovery or Litigation Support experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing high performing technical teams in support of a 24x7x365 operation and/or demonstrated history of continued progression in management scope and responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.