Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software and services expertise and address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
This Director position is a part of FTI Consulting’s E-discovery Consulting team.
As part of the Germany based team, the Director will lead on phases of e-discovery projects and will have responsibility for client delivery of projects.
What You’ll Do
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. This could involve:
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests and manage expectations
- Plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources
- Manage team efforts to apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines and create novel customised solutions to meet shifting client needs
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialised tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Co-ordinate closely with colleagues within and across teams to manage the delivery of client requirements
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
How You’ll Grow
FTI Consulting offers extensive internal and external training opportunities, a dedicated career coach who will assist you with your transition into the business, as well as an open, collaborative environment where knowledge sharing is actively encouraged. From your first day as part of the team you will be working alongside and learning from some of the leading professionals in the industry.
- University degree in law or a technology focused subject such as computer science, forensic computing or information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Solid experience working in an e-Discovery or technology related role
- Knowledge of and experiencing in configuring and operating Relativity as a document review management application or experience with other document review management applications
- Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems and software
- Electronic discovery experience or experience managing document review teams
- Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes)
- Knowledge and execution of data manipulation tasks and data conversion activities
- Excellent German and English language skills
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.