About the Role
This Director position is within FTI Consulting’s Technology practice. FTI Technology utilizes modern review platforms for native document review and case management. A Director is responsible for managing multiple aspects of specific client matters. Our practice primarily provides professional consulting services to corporations and law firms for coordinating document review and production using Relativity or Ringtail/Nuix Discover.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Learns well on the fly – while we do have training materials and sessions, the majority of learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently.
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard – while we do innovate, everyone has regular assigned tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which high quality client service depends.
- Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Has the ability to travel when requested. Average travel is less than 20%.
What You’ll Do
- Proactive project planning and driving including agenda setting and timelines, leading internal and external discussions, task management and monitoring deadlines.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for client/counsel including management of expectations and development of processes to successfully meet client end goals.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to ensure seamless completion of tasks and handoffs.
- Work to ensure a quality product and delivery of all work via QC checklists within established timeframes .
- Manage project staffing and resource allocation.
- Manage expenditures with budget estimates; maintain communication with client and project team regarding project scope and modifications.
- Identify risk and work with team to implement processes to mitigate.
- Introduce additional FTI services to clients as needs dictate.
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Maintain professional image within the firm and project same to those outside the firm.
Qualifications & Experience
- BS or BA college degree required, 5 years of eDiscovery related experience.
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices.
- 5+ years of legal / electronic discovery / case management or consulting experience.
- Proficiency or Knowledge of Relativity databases.
- Knowledge of Ringtail/Nuix Discover databases or similar document review management applications such as Concordance, Introspect, Summation.
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Excel and SharePoint.
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written).
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline–driven situations.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading people in a team environment.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and strong logical reasoning skills.
- Willingness to take on new and challenging tasks to assist team in successfully meeting deadlines.
- Qualifications – External.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance