This Director position is within FTI Consulting’s Technology practice. FTI Technology utilizes modern review platforms for native document review and case management. A Director is responsible for managing multiple aspects of specific client matters. Our practice primarily provides professional consulting services to corporations and law firms for coordinating document review and production using Ringtail or Relativity.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Learns well on the fly – while we do have training materials and sessions, the majority of learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently.
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard – while we do innovate, everyone has regular assigned tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which high quality client service depends.
- Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Has the ability to travel when requested. Average travel is less than 20%.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for day to day activities of projects including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines and create novel, customized solutions to meet shifting client needs
- Utilize logical reasoning skills to provide complete client service
- Work to ensure a quality product and delivery of all work within established timeframes
- Introduce additional FTI services to clients as needs dictate
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Maintain professional image within the firm and project same to those outside the firm
Qualifications & Experience
- BS or BA college degree required
- 5+ years Relativity or eDiscovery related experience
- This role requires travel to clients and FTI offices
- COVID Vaccine required
- 5+ years of legal / electronic discovery / document review or consulting experience
- Proficiency of Relativity databases
- Knowledge of Ringtail databases or similar document review management applications such as Concordance, Introspect, Summation
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Access is a plus
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline–driven situations
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Proven ability to conduct training in a professional environment
Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance