FTI has a strong global presence and looking forward to continuing to build our Technology segment’s team and solutions throughout Latin America.
There continues to be a need for digital forensics expertise and services in our region. We are establishing our technical capabilities to support local clients in identifying, collecting, processing and analyzing large volumes of complex data in e-discovery, regulatory matters and internal investigations.
This Director position is within FTI Consulting’s Global Technology Practice; It’s a regional position based in Bogota. The Director will utilize modern review platforms for native document review and case management. He/she will be responsible for leading our Bogota-based, industry leading forensic laboratory and managing multiple aspects of specific client matters, including digital forensics and eDiscovery requirements.
Our Technology practice provides professional consulting services to corporations and law firms for computer and mobile forensics, emerging data collection, high volume data processing, document review and production using FTK, Encase, Axiom, Cellebrite, Relativity, among others, as well as collecting non-structured data based on eDiscovery Reference Model – EDRM.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who
- Learns well on the fly – while we do have training materials and sessions, most of the learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Is technically minded – all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members – we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently.
- Is eager and excited to learn – a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard – while we do innovate, everyone has regular assigned tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which high quality client service depends.
- Enjoys solving the impossible – we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Has the ability to travel when requested. Average travel is less than 20%.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for day-to-day activities of projects including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, law firms and client personnel.
- Lead on business development activities to continue expanding our digital forensics and eDiscovery offerings throughout the region
- Utilize logical reasoning skills to provide complete client service.
- Lead on proposals and reports related to Digital Forensic and eDiscovery matters.
- Manage the resources and tools of the Forensic Laboratory in Bogotá, to collect, process and analyze digital evidence for investigations.
- Support investigations using Digital Forensics and eDiscovery tools.
- Apply Artificial Intelligence techniques and tools to fraud investigations, identifying behaviors, patterns, and trends in financial databases.
- Lead the growth of the Technology practice in Latin America, based in Bogota, Colombia.
- Work to ensure a quality product and delivery of all work within established timeframes.
- Introduce additional FTI services to clients as needs dictate.
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Maintain professional image within the firm and project same to those outside the firm.
- Travel to all jurisdictions in Spanish-speaking Latin America to conduct forensic collections and acquisitions.
- BS or BA college degree required (BA in law or Systems Engineer preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of Relativity or eDiscovery related experience.
- Experience working with software tools commonly used for eDiscovery, Computer Forensics, Data Analytics and Cybersecurity response and assessments (e.g. Relativity, Nuix, FTK, EnCase, UFED, Axiom, Cellebrite, among others)
- Good knowledge of database management.
- Experience in managing structured and unstructured data sources.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- COVID Vaccine required*
- 5+ years of legal / electronic discovery / document review or consulting experience
- Proficiency of Relativity databases
- Strong proficiency with Windows and related software, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding client service in demanding, deadline–driven situations
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to think clearly under pressure Strong logical reasoning skills
- Proven ability to conduct training in a professional environment
Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.