Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices, including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
The Global Security Organization provides industry leading security and privacy services to TikTok globally.
Our organization uses four principles that guide our strategic and tactical operations. First, we champion trust and transparency, leading the charge in organizational transparency and execution of security and privacy capabilities that drive customer trust. Second, we are a business catalyst and enabler, embodying the DNA of technical innovation. Third, We drive risk informed and empowered decision making, giving our business leaders the information needed to make key decisions. Finally, we proactively identify and reduce risk while enabling innovative product development – to consistently build sustainable world-class security capabilities.
As a direct report to the Principal Forensics Analyst, you will be responsible for digital forensics, electronic discovery, litigation material management, & evidentiary chain of custody management. In your role you will collect and preserve incident forensics data in support of investigations and litigation. You and your team will also provide data discovery, search, and document production in support of litigation and legal matters. Additionally, you will examine data or evidence in the wake of an incident to identify cause and impact. Finally, you will provide support, as needed, to business stakeholders regarding litigation.
The candidate must have expert skills in conducting digital forensics during incident response, preserving evidence and identifying artifacts that may be evidence of a compromise. The candidate must also have the ability to communicate well, contribute to cross functional and individual contributor teams, participate in response and defensive actions over a variety of security disciplines, and disseminate technical information as appropriate in support of TikTok’s critical business, go to market, and operational infrastructure needs.
• Perform incident root cause, forensic analysis and reporting, preserving forensics artifacts
• Collect event-related data for further analysis and evidentiary support to investigations and litigation
• Preserve legally admissible artifacts
• Provide expertise and testimony for investigations and litigation as requested/necessary
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), ability to influence without authority
• Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations
• Highly motivated to contribute and grow within a complex area of emerging importance
• Expert level understanding of digital forensics
• Experience and knowledge of IT and cyber incident response procedures
• Extensive experience in eDiscovery methodologies
• Experience with forensics tools such as Encase, Forensics ToolKit (FTK)
• Experience dealing with digital chain of custody, secure storage, and law enforcement forensic guidelines
• Demonstrates excellent organizational direction, time management, problem-solving, prioritization, goal setting, leadership, motivation, negotiation, and interpersonal relations
• Works well under pressure and within time/budget constraints to solve problems or meet objectives
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
• Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to lead and inspire change
• Bachelors’ Degree or industry equivalent work experience in international security architecture and engineering in a converged security program
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.