The Custom Solution Specialist is responsible for quick-turn triage, troubleshooting, and resolution of eDiscovery software, workflow, data, and technology challenges escalated from cross-functional groups within the Service Delivery organization.
The Custom Solution Specialist is part of the eDiscovery Solution Support team that is focused on identifying and implementing custom workflows and processes, complex problem solving, data analysis and transformation, and solving new eDiscovery data challenges. The role will also have the opportunity to participate in the creation of solutions that improve client deliverables, execution efficiency and quality, and expand eDiscovery delivery capabilities. Solutions typically involve creating new workflows and processes to meet custom client and operational needs, optimizing the execution of manual tasks, data analysis and manipulation, and incorporation of first and third-party technologies. Timeframes are typically measured in minutes, hours, days, and weeks.
Success relies on a basic understanding of e-discovery best practices, technical troubleshooting skills, clear written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to work effectively cross-functionally. The successful candidate must be able to independently execute tasks, foster a collaborative work environment, and exemplify a consultative approach with internal clients. A background in e-discovery and basic knowledge of the EDRM and supporting technology are required.
- Triage, troubleshoot and resolve eDiscovery software, workflow, data, and technology challenges escalated from cross-functional groups within the Service Delivery organization.
- Provide execution escalation support for custom client requirements, root cause analysis, and investigation/remediation of complex problems.
- Participate in creating custom workflows and processes, data analysis and transformation, and roll out of quick-turn production-ready solutions that meet internal and external client requirements.
- Actively identifies Service Delivery operational improvement opportunities and provides recommendations for implementation.
- Participate in initiatives that expand Service Delivery capabilities.
- Maintain an understanding of Lighthouse workflows, critical paths necessary to progress work through the system, and tools used by Lighthouse to manage workflows.
- Maintain an understanding of eDiscovery best practices and the tools used to support the industry.
- Identify and incorporate best practices and lessons learned into execution plans.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including the ability to deal with difficult situations and manage conflicts to successful resolution.
- Basic understanding of e-discovery principles and best practices.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- The ability to work cross-functionally to negotiate and resolve conflicting situations and priorities.
- Willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and changing requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Adherence to processes and procedures while remaining results-oriented and “thinking outside the box.”
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience/certification preferred.
- 2+ years of technical eDiscovery or Litigation Support experience with Nuix, Relativity, eCapture, or other proprietary eDiscovery software solutions
- 2+ years professional development, including competencies in workflow process design, data analysis & transformation, database queries, SQL, and scripting
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).