The overall objective of the Technology Billing Intern is to assist the North America Technology practice in performing financial reporting, accruals and invoicing activities. Possessing strong organizational skills and efficient work habits are qualities sought in a Technology Billing Intern.
In return, the Technology Billing Intern will receive hands-on exposure to the inner workings and commercial management of a global Forensics, eDiscovery and Data Analytics practice supporting regulatory investigations, compliance matters and complex litigation.
As a Technology Billing Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with accountants, finance professionals, project managers and consultants across the Technology practice and within the Project Operations and Accounting teams. In supporting our teams, you will be assisting top global law firms and Fortune 500 clients in high-stakes litigation, internal investigations and regulatory matters. You will be able to:
- Learn about commercial pricing models and complex fee arrangements for professional services and technology offerings
- Execute reporting from various time entry and expense systems to account for consulting time to be billed to clients
- Understand calculating various categories of revenue attributed to data charges, user fees and other non-hourly income streams
- Support month-end accruals and department revenue recognition
- Coordinate creation of finalized client invoices with appropriate backing details
- Track and document progress against monthly accrual and billing cycles
- Analyze monthly management financial summary reports
- Must be currently enrolled in college at the junior or senior level.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Degree study concentration/focus in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Law, Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics or Math
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize work and great follow-up.
- Available for a 12-week internship.
- Self-starter who are results oriented, resourceful, and an out the box thinker