This position may be based in Washington DC or Houston. This position also has the potential to be part-time, depending on the selected candidate’s availability. However, if part-time, the selected candidate must be able to work the first 3 business days of each month.
The overall objective of the Technology Billing Consultant is to assist the North America Technology practice in performing financial reporting, accruals and invoicing activities. Possessing strong organizational skills and efficient work habits are qualities sought in a Technology Billing Consultant.
In return, the Technology Billing Consultant will receive hands-on exposure to the inner workings and commercial management of a global Forensics, eDiscovery and Data Analytics practice supporting regulatory investigations, compliance matters and complex litigation.
As a Technology Billing Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work with accountants, finance professionals, project managers and consultants across the Technology practice and within the Project Operations and Accounting teams. In supporting our teams, you will be assisting top global law firms and Fortune 500 clients in high-stakes litigation, internal investigations and regulatory matters. You will be able to:
- Learn about commercial pricing models and complex fee arrangements for professional services and technology offerings
- Execute reporting from various time entry and expense systems to account for consulting time to be billed to clients
- Understand the platforms and revenue calculations for non-hourly income streams, such as data processing and hosting charges and user fees
- Support month-end accruals and department revenue recognition
- Coordinate creation of finalized client invoices with appropriate backing details
- Track and document progress against monthly accrual and billing cycles
- Analyze monthly management financial summary reports
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and great follow-up.
- Self-starter who is results oriented, resourceful, and an out of the box thinker.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPivot and Power BI.
- Interest in data analytics, AI and/or machine learning.
All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- Medical Benefits, Prescription Benefits, FSA, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Disability Benefits, Voluntary Benefits, 401 (K) Retirement, Nationwide Pet Insurance, Employee Assistance Program.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.