This role may be based in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Chicago, or Washington DC.
Our Forensics experts provide value and assist our clients in the area of digital forensics, eDiscovery, data analytics, disputes, investigations, compliance, CFIUS and cyber.
The Forensics Senior Consultant is responsible for performing and coordinating delivery of digital forensics services to our law firm and corporate clients, identifying and securing new opportunities for the Technology practice, and supporting new and existing client relationships. The Senior Consultant should have a technical background, including extensive work in industry standard forensics tools and workflows. The Senior Consultant must have experience across all aspects of the digital forensics lifecycle.
The Senior Consultant will support a range of forensic investigations and eDiscovery matters across many different industries, providing assistance with data collections, chain-of-custody documentation, proper evidence handling, forensic analysis and reporting.
A successful Senior Consultant will seamlessly transition new engagement wins into service delivery and work closely with the Digital Forensics, eDiscovery Consulting and Project Management, and technical Operations teams, through the full lifecycle of projects. The Senior Consultant will effectively apply their knowledge of litigation support, investigations and technology to bridge the gap between clients’ matter requirements and Control Risks’ production and technical resources to ensure work is done to client satisfaction and company standards across a portfolio of matters being supported by the U.S. team domestically and abroad. The Senior Consultant will scope matter requirements, draft approaches and fee estimates, define workflows, coordinate tasks and balance priorities across projects through active management, direction and organization of the Digital Forensics team.
The Senior Consultant position will require collaboration with Technology practice teams outside of the U.S., including in Brazil, EMEA and APAC, and will help to develop and align on standards and best practices across the global project management team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide coordination and organization to dynamic teams in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with critical deadlines.
- Assist with day-to-day resource allocation of the US and Mexico Digital Forensics team
- Support across process improvement initiatives impacting the Technology practice
- Participate and support on projects involving the identification, collection and analysis of computer systems and electronic data sources
- Develop solutions and strategies to collect data with special considerations for the unique environments and project-specific complexities of an engagement
- Assist clients with the selection of the appropriate technology to meet specific project objectives
- Manage project close-out process including data return and database archival, ensuring that clients understand the implications of on-going data retention relative to their company’s policies
- Assist the business development team throughout the sales process by building relationships with current and potential future clients, demonstrating firm technology and expertise to potential clients, and providing supporting documentation, including proposals and cost estimates, regarding our offerings
- Demonstrate business development acumen via networking and other business development activities, showcasing the ability to convert networking relationships to sales leads and new revenue
- Increase revenue on current engagements by identifying opportunities to cross-sell services offered by the Technology practice and Control Risks as a firm
- Industry awareness and contribution to business development efforts through participation in industry events, client demos and presentations, and internal technology initiatives
- Ability to develop and implement new ideas and workflows to create customized solutions on a client-by-client basis
- Lead documentation efforts including evidence management, media tracking and collection log maintenance
- Utilize quality control and best practices to maintain high-quality work product on all engagements
- Develop and maintain client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction
- Data filtering, extractions and staging from forensics images for data processing
- Utilize off-the-shelf and proprietary data collection, analysis and reporting tools
- Collaborate with other business lines to develop and deliver innovative technology solutions to assist with adjacent offerings including privacy, cyber, information governance, compliance monitoring and insider risk
- Ability to travel and work in challenging environments (up to 50% of time).
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of hands-on technical and/or computer forensic investigations experience. Understanding of best practices procedures and technological trends in the industry
- Experienced in conducting digital forensic preservations and examinations on mobile device operating systems using industry-standard forensic tools
- Proficient in the use of industry-standard forensic and eDiscovery tools (preferably familiar with EnCase, FTK, Tableau, X-Ways, Macquisiton, Cellebrite, Nuix, Reveal-Brainspace, and RelativityOne)
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement and management teams
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Superior fundamental understanding of IT systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint desired
- SQL, PowerShell experience desired
- Experience in consulting on complex matters, solving problems, troubleshooting and working with clients while collaborating with internal stakeholders to provide exceptional service
Skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Forensics or related field
- Certified as a Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), EnCase Examiner, (EnCE) or Access Data Examiner (ACE) preferred
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences in different jurisdictions, with varying degrees of experience and technical acumen
- Ability to work well within a logistically diverse team through timely and effective communication
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines, while effectively managing competing demands and evolving priorities
- Strong work ethic, eagerness to learn, and motivation to succeed
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally with short notice
- Owns problems, identifies and works with the right people to solve problems quickly within own remit and wider team(s)
- Implements plans to ensure objectives are achieved or exceeded; focuses on delivery; Shows and encourages a determination to achieve high standards
- Anticipates the needs of clients and addresses them; Provides the best possible service to our clients, ensuring the client is at the heart of everything we do
Know the business
- Builds strong relationships through common goals, individual contribution and support in times of need
Adapting to change
- Operates effectively and with resilience in changing or ambiguous situations, contributes to changing environments, and actively assists those around them to adapt
- All employees are expected to display behaviors reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
The base salary range for this position in New York City or California is $100,000-$120,000 per year. Exact compensation offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.