This is a pivotal and highly visible position, overseeing complex financial investigations and forensic accounting assignments in the South East Asia Region and coordinating with counterparts in our offices worldwide.
This position will play a key role in generating opportunities with new and existing clients in the region, by leveraging existing resources as well as building new capabilities.
Role tasks and responsibilities
- Deep understanding of the various types of investigations and forensic accounting assignments, including the use and applications of technology in investigations.
- Act as a leader and line manager for the Forensics Accounting Singapore-based team members, providing support with team development and training.
- End to end case management of white-collar crime investigations, anti-fraud and anti-corruption risk management services and financial as well as other analysis relating to litigation.
- Management of client relationships, delivering best in class service and ensuring full compliance with applicable laws.
- Forensic accounting technical lead.
- Report preparation and proposal/pitch development and delivery.
- Solid understanding of forensics, e-discovery/legal technology and data analytics tools.
- Being pro-active and aware of market trends.
- Proven experience of operating successfully at a senior level, with a track record of sourcing and converting business development leads with the legal buyer community in key South East Asian markets.
- Knowledge of key South East Asian countries and experience of executing tasks in those jurisdictions as well as further afield.
- Extensive forensic accounting experience.
- Deep knowledge of local and extra-territorial regulatory drivers and enforcement trends
- Preparation of detailed complex report for clients, tribunals, regulators and court proceedings.
- Deep understanding of investigation techniques and procedures
- Management of investigative assignments and projects relating to proposed, pending or active litigation.
- Deep knowledge of our industry and competitors.
- Demonstrate an understanding of delivering higher value/margin services.
- Big 4 or Mid-Tier accounting firm experience
- Proactive fraud/corruption risk management experience
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Internationally recognised accounting qualifications (such as CFE/CPA/CFA)
- Proficient IT skills
- Considerable familiarity with e-discovery and other electronic data analysis tools
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Specialist investigation skills
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.